Cannot Copy Files To MicroSD Card with O/S 4.4.2

aintnorock

Aug 23, 2013
I have an Android Asus Memo Pad 8 with o/s 4.4.2. 16 gb of internal storage, and a micro SD with 32gb of storage.

I used to be able to copy files to the microSD either through a file explorer type of app, or save as from office type apps. Recently, I have been unable to do so and keep getting an error that says my o/s does not allow copying by third party software to an external drive. I'm so confused. I don't use my tablet much for copying files, but I want to make sure that I have files available on the device rather than on the cloud, because cloud storage is not always available to me.

Can anyone give me an idea of how to do the following?

Copy file from PC to Google drive in the cloud
See the file on Google Drive on the cloud using my tablet.
Copy the file from Google Drive to the external SD Card in my tablet.

I am soooo confused.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There are some restrictions on the type of files that can be "moved". Normally documents and media like music and videos should be OK. You may want to test the microSD card in a card reader on your PC or possibly try a different file manager to see where the problem is. I suggest trying ES File Explorer.

aintnorock

Aug 23, 2013
There are some restrictions on the type of files that can be "moved". Normally documents and media like music and videos should be OK. You may want to test the microSD card in a card reader on your PC or possibly try a different file manager to see where the problem is. I suggest trying ES File Explorer.

I know the card is okay. I did change file managers and will try ES

aintnorock

Aug 23, 2013
I tried a couple different file types, and used ES file explorer. Same error messages.

Of what use is the sd card if you can't write to it? What has changed? Any other suggestions?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm going to take a wag that you may be having a problem with the SD card.I don't see that you tested it in a card reader on your PC.