Cannot Find WiFi Signal

dilodilo71

Feb 8, 2013
hi, I cannot believe my problem, I hope someone can help me.

I have notebook (Win7), Samsung Galaxy S2 (android 4.0), tablet Ampe A10 (Android 4.0) everyone work great with NETGEAR WiFi router WNR2010.
Yesterday I bought a new tablet A10 (Android 4.0) and it cannot "see" Netgear WiFi!
Anyway the tablet can "see" other network from other apartment, only mine cannot!!!

:confused: It makes me crazy, please help me....:rolleyes:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I have several suggestions, ending with checking the link in my sig below for solutions. Is your router broadcasting the SSID? Try turning the router off for 1 minute then after it completely boots back up restart your tablet. The link should help.

Last edited:

elf69

Sep 21, 2010
I too have this issue with a Sanei N10 3G.

It can see my WEP router but it cannot see my WPA samsung wifi DVD/CD drive!

Really annoying as I cant watch my DVDs or listen to CDs while my partner is watching her soaps.
My Freelander PD10 £G lite tablet sees both wifi signals and connects fine!

Its looking like a wifi card within the tablet.
turned both routers off then on again.
even factory reset the tablet!

No change :(
other than this problem its a great tablet!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's possible there is a difference in the versions of the WiFi chip or the firmware version causing the problem.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Actually, I have a similar problem, only all 7 (yes that is seven) android devices cannot connect to the modem - 2 days ago everything was fine. What really spins me out is that 3 Laptops, 2 net-books, and 3 PCi7's (using 2 Belkin USB WiFi Sticks) are connecting without any issues. The Internet Computer, which is hardwired, has no problems either.

So how can this happen? Yet the Android devices will tether to the smartphone and connect via another wirelss router without an issue.

I've spent hours trying to get it to work. And yes I have since the problem updated the MODEM's firmware - still no joy.

got me rattled!!! :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Care to share what model router? Did you check out the wifi link in leeshor's signature above?

You might try this. Turn off all devices including non android computers. Turn off router for 1 minute (minimum). Turn on router. Cannect android device.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, tried that too. One of the first things I tried. I've solved issues for other forum members and work with IT related products in my job.

The modem is a Billion BiPAC 7404VGPM which has been very reliable, never had a problem, and is more than 3 years old. Probably closer to 6 years old. This is the only thing I can logically deduce is the problem.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Try another channel on your router.

I recall several people recommending a channel # less than 11 in the past.

Also, I came across this app in the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brilliapps.wifiandmorefixer&feature=search_result

According to the reviews, it appears to fix WiFi problems about ¾ of the time. I've never needed to use it, so read the reviews and decide for yourself if you want to try it or not. If you do try it, please come back and let us know if it worked or not on your tablet.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yes if this apps helps reports back would be nice if an app could resolve some wifi problems.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

edap

Dec 12, 2012

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Vamp & Spider,

No luck. The problem is that all of my(our) devices are doing the same thing - all 7 (6 tablets & 1 phone). I am sure I could add a 2nd phone to that list. I can see the app fixing one device . But this points to the modem/router being the issue - but why only android devices. And until 3 days ago there was no problem. All tablets were turned completely off - only the smart phone was on. And 2 belkin USB WIFI STICKS were connect - my wife and daughter had to reinstall windows 7 fresh - both were using the sticks. The one stick is a recent addition - just the day before all this started.

:(
update:

Yeah tried with the work phone which has never WIFI'ed to any network. It can't see my network at all.

:(:(

Can't be the Android devices (tablets) because they can connect to other networks without issues. And they can all connect to my smart phone hotspot without problems

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for the update, My router will be 10 years old in march, I have only updated the firmware once since 2004, I don't think age effects routers. hopefully you can get your problem fixed, odd how only android devices can't connect.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
At 10 years old I can tell you that age will affect most routers. The chances of a component failure will increase with age, but I don't disagree with your general premise.