cannot forward or reply to emails

revwd01

Aug 9, 2012
Android 2.2 can receive email from mediacom (my provider) but cannot reply. All SMTP settings correct per mediacom

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi revwd01, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Android 2.2 can receive email from mediacom (my provider) but cannot reply. All SMTP settings correct per mediacom

Welcome to the forum

The only logical reason for you to not be able to send mail, based on what you have described, is that they made a mistake in the settings. It may be the SMTP port or an SSL issue but you may need to get a different person on the phone.

revwd01

Aug 9, 2012
The thing that puzzles me is my Wifes Ipad has the exact settings and sends and receives emails with no problem.

Also: since I am new with androids, I bought her a 2.2 android. Can that be up dated to 4.0?

Thank you for your help

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If your Wife's tablet can do it there is no explanation for yours not being able to do it if the settings are the same so I wish I could helo more there. The only thing I can suggest is deleting the account and setting it up again or possibly trying a different mail app.

On the upgrade to 4.x it's difficult to say if it can be upgraded or not. Most of the upgrades need to go through the manufacturer to be certain they work with your specific hardware so you may want to look at their WEB site.