Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 - Can't Get Back Panel Back In Place

Nicknasc

Sep 17, 2014
So I had the horrible black screen of brick after dropping this thing all of two feet onto carpet. Just before I threw it in the trash I saw a post that saved the day. Well I had to take the rear panel off to do the two minute fix and was ecstatic. Now the problem is that I can't get it back on properly and there is not any videos on the 2014 around yet.

The issue is a one inch, long plastic piece that is on the same side as the stylus. It is the only loose piece inside the rear case. I have tried every single angle and configuration but it always feels like I am going to break something if I try to close it all the way.

I am guessing that the piece has something to do with the WiFi because my range has been drastically reduced since the fix.

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It sounds like it may in fact be related to the antenna. (or just a part of the frame), Can you post a photo?

Nicknasc

Sep 17, 2014
Welcome to the forum

It sounds like it may in fact be related to the antenna. (or just a part of the frame), Can you post a photo?

Yes , Thank you for the reply. I am sure it has to do with the antennae , I took the part out and it will not find the wifi in the house anymore.. put it back in and it will work as long as I am in the same room as the router. I have tried every way I know to get it to fit... I am guessing now that I may have to pull the screen and do it from the front but that doesn't make any sense.

I am attaching pics of the part and where it was attached to the back case. Thanks for any help. This REALLY can't be as hard as it looks.

Attachments

• 20140918_162546.jpg
    20140918_162546.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 257
  • 20140918_162711.jpg
    20140918_162711.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 220

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It does look like it is the antenna but I have no idea how to help with getting it to fit.