Cannot Mount Inner SD Card on MID 9742

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
hi i am having a problem with my sd card after i rooted my tablet. i rooted,dumped image, flashed cwm then flashed mobiz v2. everything works even g/play but for some reason i cannot mount the internal sd card so the camera works but wont take pictures but tells me that there is no sd card present.
i have been getting some help from a chap on this site but i thought i would address the problem with a new thread.
i think i have tried most things so any suggetions would be great
i was going to restore the original image but i couldnt figure out how to do it.:confused: thx

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have already made a thread on restoring backups, the rest of your post I don't understand what exactly you are saying, can you try again to post the problems you are having? what caused the problems? and steps you used to fix the problems?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Apparently he's not getting read/write access to \mnt\sdcard like he should be after rooting and installing Mobiz for his 9742. I've been the one trying to help him with it, but unfortunately we're at an impasse, because I cannot figure out the rationale for why his tablet is doing what it's doing. Mobiz incorporates the platform.xml fix for read/write access and it should have become active when he installed the ROM.

About the only thing that hasn't been tried is for him to attempt to revert to stock. I'd recommend him copying my nandroid backup over to his tablet and flashing that, but I don't know if his version of the tablet is the same as mine.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well, I learned something new today. :)

He asked about vold.fstab but I told him that changing it likely would not solve his problem.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Internal sdcard is always mounted rw, cause it is fat, unless he switch mounts points in vold.fstab.

Use adb and post the results of mount.

Example

adb shell

mount

Copy and paste output here.

hi and thank you for joining my dilemma, i have wiped everything and reflashed mobiz v2 and reboot, it took a long to to get there but we have, camera showing no sd card, file manager showing nothing in /mntsdcard,es file manager showing sd card empty unmounted or not present and properties of sd card = read,no write, no and hidden no.none of this makes a great deal of sense to me but i hope it does for you i expect after all this it is something to do with me not doing something and looking a bit of an idiot, but nevermind eh. here is the output.

C:\Users\MRTHOMAS>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ mount
mount
rootfs / rootfs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/nandd /system ext4 rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=0,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/nande /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=0,journal
_checksum,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/nandh /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=0,journa
l_checksum,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/nandi /mnt/private vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime
=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/extsd vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,ui
d=1000,gid=1023,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=
ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
shell@android:/ $

thanks for looking.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
hi and thank you for joining my dilemma, i have wiped everything and reflashed mobiz v2 and reboot, it took a long to to get there but we have, camera showing no sd card, file manager showing nothing in /mntsdcard,es file manager showing sd card empty unmounted or not present and properties of sd card = read,no write, no and hidden no.none of this makes a great deal of sense to me but i hope it does for you i expect after all this it is something to do with me not doing something and looking a bit of an idiot, but nevermind eh. here is the output.

C:\Users\MRTHOMAS>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ mount
mount
rootfs / rootfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/nandd /system ext4 rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=0,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/nande /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=0,journal
/dev/block/nandh /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=0,journa
/dev/block/nandi /mnt/private vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime
=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/extsd vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,ui
d=1000,gid=1023,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=

thanks for looking.

OK something is wrong here, you used livesuite? something has wiped out your /sdcard or it's just not mounted, I don't see a /mnt/sdcard.

adb shell

ls /dev/block/*

post output

I am looking for something like 93:64,

@Traveller1701

will you also post output of mount so we can have a good reference to work with.

also what is /mnt/private? does this device have two internal storage spaces? /mnt/private and /mnt/sdcard

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
OK something is wrong here, you used livesuite? something has wiped out your /sdcard or it's just not mounted, I don't see a /mnt/sdcard.

adb shell

ls /dev/block/*

post output

I am looking for something like 93:64,

@Traveller1701

will you also post output of mount so we can have a good reference to work with.

also what is /mnt/private? does this device have two internal storage spaces? /mnt/private and /mnt/sdcard
well this is what i got but you may find that i either have done something wrong or the results are wrong.
i didnt use live suite on this tablet as i had a lot of problems when i used it on another one i had which i managed to get replaced
i dont know about the /mnt/private i can see it when i go into root but it dont mean nothing to me.
here are the results

shell@android:/ $ ls/dev/block/*
ls/dev/block/*
/system/bin/sh: ls/dev/block/*: not found
127|shell@android:/ $.
hope this helps. thx

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
For reference, as requested...

adb mount
Code:
F:\adb>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
1|shell@android:/ $ mount
mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/nandd /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=0,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/vold/93:64 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,u
id=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset
=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/93:64 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
ime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioch
arset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/com.eamobile.monopoly_full_azn-2 vfat ro,dirsync,nosui
d,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=ascii,s
hortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.eamobile.bejeweled2_full_azn-2 vfat ro,dirsync,nos
uid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=ascii
,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-2 /mnt/asec/com.massivefinger.PinballRide-2 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid
,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=ascii,sh
ortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-3 /mnt/asec/org.ais.archidroid-2 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,rela
time,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mix
ed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-4 /mnt/asec/com.magic8ball-2 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,relatime
,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,u
tf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-5 /mnt/asec/com.aldiko.android-2 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,rela
time,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mix
ed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
1|shell@android:/ $

ls /dev/block/*
Code:
1|shell@android:/ $ ls /dev/block/*
ls /dev/block/*
/dev/block/dm-0
/dev/block/dm-1
/dev/block/dm-2
/dev/block/dm-3
/dev/block/dm-4
/dev/block/dm-5
/dev/block/loop0
/dev/block/loop1
/dev/block/loop2
/dev/block/loop3
/dev/block/loop4
/dev/block/loop5
/dev/block/loop6
/dev/block/loop7
/dev/block/mmcblk0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
/dev/block/nanda
/dev/block/nandb
/dev/block/nandc
/dev/block/nandd
/dev/block/nande
/dev/block/nandf
/dev/block/nandg
/dev/block/nandh
/dev/block/nandi
sunxi-mmc.0
/dev/block/ram0
/dev/block/ram1
179:0
179:1
93:64

EDIT: Not that this really needs to be stated, but /dev/block/dm-0 through /dev/block/dm-5 are all programs that I added, including Aldiko. The version of Aldiko included with Coby tablets is an OEM version and doesn't get updates.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
well this is what i got but you may find that i either have done something wrong or the results are wrong.
i didnt use live suite on this tablet as i had a lot of problems when i used it on another one i had which i managed to get replaced
i dont know about the /mnt/private i can see it when i go into root but it dont mean nothing to me.
here are the results

shell@android:/ $ ls/dev/block/*
ls/dev/block/*
/system/bin/sh: ls/dev/block/*: not found
127|shell@android:/ $.
hope this helps. thx

needs to be ls /dev/block/*

not ls/dev/block/*

a space is required for the two commands.

first command is ls which means list,

so ls space then /dev/block/*

ls /dev/block/*

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
yes sorry missed that on here goes
ls /dev/block/*
/dev/block/loop0
/dev/block/loop1
/dev/block/loop2
/dev/block/loop3
/dev/block/loop4
/dev/block/loop5
/dev/block/loop6
/dev/block/loop7
/dev/block/mmcblk
/dev/block/mmcblk
/dev/block/nanda
/dev/block/nandb
/dev/block/nandc
/dev/block/nandd
/dev/block/nande
/dev/block/nandf
/dev/block/nandg
/dev/block/nandh
/dev/block/nandi
/dev/block/nandj
/dev/block/nandk
sunxi-mmc.0
/dev/block/ram0
/dev/block/ram1
179:0
179:1
93:64
ok i hope that was better

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thank you, Traveller1701

Traveller1701, posts clearly shows /mnt/sdcard see below

/dev/block/vold/93:64 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,u
id=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset
=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

also his ls /dev/block/* shows 93:64 which is what I was looking for.

also note he has no /mnt/private, so my guess is this /mnt/private shouldn't be on your tablet, look in /mnt and see if /sdcard exists.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
yep i did see the differnce between the two and have have looked in /mnt there are these files.. asec, extsd, obb, private, sdcard, secure, usbhost1.
i have noticed that sdcard is also present in root. both are no to read, write, hidden.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Your output from the mount command is missing the line Vampirefo mentions. You also have an added mount point I don't have (\mnt\private). So your tablet isn't seeing \mnt\sdcard properly. But the odd part here is that it shows up in a file manager. Now why does it not show up when the mount command is executed yet shows up in the list?

Last edited:

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
yep sorry to sound dunce, just trying to provide as much as possible. i can see that is whats going on as to sort it out, i dont know.