Cannot Mount Inner SD Card on MID 9742

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Good question. I'd wait for an answer from Vampirefo, but I don't believe changing vold.fstab will help. For reference, I have the Mobiz ROM on my computer, so I pulled vold.fstab from it.

Code:
## Vold 2.0 fstab for HTC Passion
#
## - San Mehat ([email protected])
## 
#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...> 
## label        - Label for the volume
## mount_point  - Where the volume will be mounted
## part         - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
######################

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
#/devices/platform/awsmc.3/mmc_host for sdio
dev_mount	sdcard	/mnt/sdcard	auto	/devices/virtual/block/nandi
dev_mount	extsd	/mnt/extsd	auto	/devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host	/devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount	usbhost1	/mnt/usbhost1	auto	/devices/platform/sw-ehci.1	/devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0	/devices/platform/sw-ehci.2

Stock's rendition is identical. You could take a look at yours and see if something has changed in it, but I'm willing to lay odds that it hasn't changed.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If what Vampirefo recommends does not work, as a matter of absolute last resort, you can try reverting to stock using my nandroid backup that I have available in the Development Index. Now, I don't remember if you had a dump or not, but you're not going to need your dump. So, do the following.

1. Download my nandroid backup from the Development Index sticky, unzip it to your desktop and copy the resulting directory (Stock_ROM) to \clockworkmod\backup on the MicroSD.
  2. Enter CWM and perform a nandroid backup of your existing ROM.
  3. Restore using my nandroid backup.
I'm hesitant to recommend this because of the possibility that your hardware differs from mine, but at this point I don't believe you can do much worse. In any case, when you apply the nandroid backup it restores everything to the state the device was in when the backup was made. That means your extraneous mount points, \dev\block\nandj and \dev\block\nandk should be eradicated and \mnt\sdcard restored to functioning condition.

After booting the tablet, make sure everything works properly, especially the touchscreen. Should you have an issue that prevents you from using the tablet, you have the nandroid backup of Mobiz you can go to. Once you know everything is working properly, copy the following to the MicroSD.

• Google Apps flashable zip 20120429.
  • Google Play Compatibility Fixes
  • One of the Framework Modifications files.
The compatibility fixes and framework modifications are linked in my signature. If you want one of the framework mods with a numbered battery indicator, I have made combined packages available that include both fixes and mods in one. Otherwise you will have to download the framework mod from the other link I give in my signature.

Once the files are copied to the MicroSD, go back into CWM and install them using CWM's update from zip feature, then reboot. Do NOT touch the tablet at all until it has fully booted. Once fully booted, you should be greeted with an offer to set up your Google Play account.

As an alternative, you could, after restoring to stock using my nandroid, install Mobiz again.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Have some honey do jobs to get done around the house.

manually mount sdcard,

adb shell

mount -o noatime,utf8 -t vfat /dev/block//vold/93:64 /mnt/sdcard

thank you, tried that but comes back, operation not permitted.

traveller1701, i do have a dump of my original image after i had rooted but i could not figure out how to install it

Last edited:

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Needs to be done as root.
You must not have full root.
So after adb shell type su

adb shell

su

Then type the rest.

yeh tried that and got this,
255|shell@android:/ # su
su
shell@android:/ # mount -o noatime,utf8 -t vfat /dev/block//vold/93:64 /mnt/sdca
rd
/dev/block//vold/93:64 /mnt/sdcard <
mount: Device or resource busy

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
yeh tried that and got this,
255|shell@android:/ # su
su
shell@android:/ # mount -o noatime,utf8 -t vfat /dev/block//vold/93:64 /mnt/sdca
rd
/dev/block//vold/93:64 /mnt/sdcard <
mount: Device or resource busy

interesting,

ok try umount /mnt/private

then mount -o noatime,utf8 -t vfat /dev/block//vold/93:64 /mnt/sdcard

also Traveller1701 backup may work for you as well

just something about your setup isn't correct.

last thing I can think of is to use bind.

if above doesn't work

adb shell

su

mount -o bind /mnt/private /mnt/sdcard

Last edited:

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
tried to unmount /mnt/private but got device or resource busy

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Also can you upload your dump some where, I want to find out where this /mnt/private is coming from.

I Just looked at a 1042 dump, are you sure you have 9742 and not a 1042?

1042 creates the private mount.

here is code.

# private partition
format_userdata /dev/block/nandi PRIVATE
mkdir /mnt/private 0770 system system
mount vfat /dev/block/nandi /mnt/private ro

Last edited: