Cannot Mount Inner SD Card on MID 9742

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
sorry you replied while i was editing, i tried to unmount /mnt/private but got device or resource busy so i didnt bother to try to mount -o bind /mnt/private /mnt/sdcard
tried those ideas but to no avail

Last edited:

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Also can you upload your dump some where, I want to find out where this /mnt/private is coming from.

I Just looked at a 1042 dump, are you sure you have 9742 and not a 1042?

1042 creates the private mount.

here is code.

# private partition
format_userdata /dev/block/nandi PRIVATE
mkdir /mnt/private 0770 system system
mount vfat /dev/block/nandi /mnt/private ro[/Q

which image would you want my original dump or waht i am using now and how would i upload to where.
i am sure this is the machine i have it is written on the inner sleeve of the box and it was written as the model in the about tablet. thx

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I would need your original dump, upload to mediafire I am sure you have a 1042, they have two internal sdcards.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@Vampirefo: If that is the case, then he doesn't want to use my nandroid backup. That would only make things worse. He'll have to revert to stock using his dump and your guide.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
@Vampirefo: If that is the case, then he doesn't want to use my nandroid backup. That would only make things worse. He'll have to revert to stock using his dump and your guide.

No I don't think it would help him, I think he has a different tablet than you have won't know for sure til he uploads his dump.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
sorry this what come from cwm when i chose to dump. i thought that was it. damn

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You need to use my root tool and run its system dump utility. That will provide Vampirefo with everything he needs.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You need to use my root tool and run its system dump utility. That will provide Vampirefo with everything he needs.

Now it's to late to do that, the system dump would be mobiz, I need his system before he installed mobiz.

If he doesn't have a system dump before mobiz I can't restore him to stock.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I misread the last couple posts. Sorry.

In any case, according to him he had a system dump already made. So that is what he needs to upload, assuming it was done prior to installing Mobiz. If he really doesn't have that dump, then he's going to have to use one of the dumps already available and hope his hardware is the same.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
sorry i didnt understand what was going on, a bit of a senior moment.
i am pretty sure i did use the dump option in the utility but as to were it was put i dont know. would it have been put into a folder in with the utility?.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
hi i am having a problem with my sd card after i rooted my tablet. i rooted,dumped image, flashed cwm then flashed mobiz v2. everything works even g/play but for some reason i cannot mount the internal sd card so the camera works but wont take pictures but tells me that there is no sd card present.
i have been getting some help from a chap on this site but i thought i would address the problem with a new thread.
i think i have tried most things so any suggetions would be great
i was going to restore the original image but i couldnt figure out how to do it.:confused: thx

oy mate.

if you have installed clockworkmod and made a backup using clockwork mod, the backup would be on your external sd card in the clockworkmod\backup folder.

if its there, you simply go to cwm and select backup/recover and using recover load your backup, reboot and you're all set (to your original backup).

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Sorry, maybe I jumped in too quickly. On the other thread, you mentioned livesuite. If you used livesuite, its a whole other deal. It requires a livesuite restore rom\image for your model and hardware version tablet.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
I hope you have more than this, you didn't upload a system dump.

vampirefo. sorry about all the faff, been a bit busy doing my chores an all i have had a look at what i should have and i hope that i have now got what you requested i will post the link and hopefully this will be correct. ok thx

9742 original.zip