Cannot Mount Inner SD Card on MID 9742

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
That's not the full dump. The full dump is over 100MB in size and would include a system.tgz file.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
i dont get it, this was in the utility/dump so i put the bits into a folder and zipped it

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Don't know what to tell you, but it's not the full dump. Check your MicroSD card however, as the dump process leaves a copy on there, unless you delete it.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
it would seem that i have messed up as i cant find all of the dump.
it dont seem to be in the dump folder or on the microsd and i havent deleted anything.

so where to go from here as it has been said that the machine might be something else

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Take a photo of the back of the unit and post it. Just below the Kyros logo it gives the model number. That way we'll know for certain what device you actually have.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
i have had a look at that and it says $2012-10-21 17.31.19.jpg hope this helps. it was bought from maplins.
thinking of what i can see, dont suppose its a clone of somekind

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
According to Maplin, it is a 9.7" tablet. However, it does surprise me that it doesn't use the same model number. I wonder if that is a UK specific thing. In any event, follow the "absolute last resort" instructions I gave upthread and see if that works. You haven't much to lose here at this point.

If push came to shove, contact Maplin and see if they can exchange it. Otherwise contact Coby support at cobyuk.com.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
tried your suggestion it went throught he motions to boot, got the coby then android then nothing looks almost as if it has switched of, but when doing the restore i notice a line of text.
dont know if its relevant
$2012-10-21 18.46.10.jpg

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The skipping of .android-secure is normal. I have it occur every time I do a nandroid backup or restore one. As to the black screen, that occurred after the Android logo, correct?

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
yes and then nothing. but not just a blank screen but black with no light

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
When it got to that point how long did you leave it on before shutting it off with the power button?

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
i have gone back into cwm done a wipe of everything and done another restore rebooted and left it but still nothing

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The internal hardware must be sufficiently different on your tablet that my nandroid won't work, and neither will the dumps on here. I think you're going to have to contact Maplin and look into an exchange.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
hmm i see, but i will have a tablet that the hardware is different to the ones on here so rooting to put google etc on it will give the same results so i there is no point in me getting another.