Cannot Mount Inner SD Card on MID 9742

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
what i dont get is that the roms apart from your nandoid backup works apart from the sd card issue, it a bit odd.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
what i dont get is that the roms apart from your nandoid backup works apart from the sd card issue, it a bit odd.

I have been busy, haven't had time to follow this thread, I have an ideal, just don't flash any other rom or Traveller1701's cw backup, it will be a while before I can do my plan, what I plan on doing is modifying your boot.img to just forget the /mnt/private and to only use /mnt/sdcard, if what you are saying is mobiz work fine other than /sdcard should be able to fix that by modifying the boot.img.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
ok that sounds great and yes everthing else seems to be ok, any ideas as to how long this will take. thank you so much for your help

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Yep well done that worked I now have access to my /sdcard. But I still have an issue with the camera telling me there is no sdcard, maybe the path needs to be changed or something. Perhaps it needs to find mnt/sdcard rather than mnt/private perhaps.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
kenroy said:
Yep well done that worked I now have access to my /sdcard. But I still have an issue with the camera telling me there is no sdcard, maybe the path needs to be changed or something. Perhaps it needs to find mnt/sdcard rather than mnt/private perhaps.

Camera problem is due to your camera files and libs, yours is different than what we have, only way to fix is get a system dump from the same device you have.
When I port roms I have to switch out many files from system dumps to get the port to work on our devices.
Camera libs and camera files must be switch to get camera to work correct common error for incorrect camera files is
Camera can't find sdcard, this means wrong camera files.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Hmm I see, so after all I am back to where I started with camera issues. Damn. Thank you so much for your effort. Any suggestions as to where I go from here. Replace it with something else perhaps.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
kenroy said:
Hmm I see, so after all I am back to where I started with camera issues. Damn. Thank you so much for your effort. Any suggestions as to where I go from here. Replace it with something else perhaps.

The only problem I was trying to fix was access to sdcard, camera I can't fix without a system dump.
You can if you want download all the different coby dumps and try their camera files.
Talk to where you bought the device ask them for a system dump.
Dumps are so important yet people don't create them before they modify their tablets, then it's too late, anyway good luck.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Vampirefo.I thought I had made the dump because I knew how important it was. I did use the utility but it would seem that it didn't do the job properly and what I sent you was what I got. Would it be worth getting it exchanged and trying again to get a dump. And thank you again for your help.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Vampirefo.I thought I had made the dump because I knew how important it was. I did use the utility but it would seem that it didn't do the job properly and what I sent you was what I got. Would it be worth getting it exchanged and trying again to get a dump. And thank you again for your help.
You can do that if you want, up to you, but make sure you have a complete dump before you modify your tablet. No matter which tablet you get, upload your dump and have someone check it for you.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
vampirefo, i now have a new tablet, this one is actually marked mid9742.
before i start doing anything, is there anything in the rooting process that could make things difficult for example not made for my machine and thus not do things properly.
i used the utillity from traveller1701.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I tested the root tool on my 9742. As we both have the same tablet the rooting process should cause no issues. There was an issue with the system dump utility stripping permissions from the files, but with Vampirefo's help that was eliminated.

Only thing I would recommend this time is to take a nandroid backup before installing either the Google apps package and fixes or the Mobiz ROM. This is in addition to making the system dump.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
I take I do the system dump through the utility as I did before but this time I shall check to see if it is all there.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Yes, just like before. Once you've verified that it's all there, zip it up and post it to a file sharing site like mediafire and post a link on the forums. I'll add it to the sticky.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
hi i have done the root and all is well i have inserted an empty sd card in and dump, i am not getting anything different from when i tried to dump before. in the utility folder/dump it has three image files, boot, bootloader and recovery nothing else.
on the mnt/extsdcard lost.dir, which seems to be empty and nothing else and on mntsdcard got some usual folders one of which is dump that contains the same image files as the utility folder i mentioned earlier.
i have noticed that if i use file manager and go to mnt/extsdcard i have the lost.dir (empty) and devlcon.fil and devlogo.fil.the last 2 items i cannot see on my pc
i dont know whats happening but i dont think that the results that is needed. perhaps some settings needed to be done.

dont suppose its the way i have rooted and therefore it may not be rooted properly, i chose the 3rd gen option in the utility i hope this was correct.

Last edited: