Cannot Mount Inner SD Card on MID 9742

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Ok. But I don't know what options I should choosing. Sorry not seen this before

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
hi i have done the root and all is well i have inserted an empty sd card in and dump, i am not getting anything different from when i tried to dump before. in the utility folder/dump it has three image files, boot, bootloader and recovery nothing else.
It's odd that you're not getting the system.tgz file. The command in the utility is virtually the same as what Vampirefo just wrote.

Code:
adb.exe shell su -c "busybox tar -czvf /sdcard/dump/system.tgz /system"

I just ran the utility now, on Windows XP. It's pulled all the files, like it's supposed to. So the utility itself I don't believe is the culprit. Have you checked your drivers to make sure they're working properly?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
It's odd that you're not getting the system.tgz file. The command in the utility is virtually the same as what Vampirefo just wrote.

Code:
adb.exe shell su -c "busybox tar -czvf /sdcard/dump/system.tgz /system"

I just ran the utility now, on Windows XP. It's pulled all the files, like it's supposed to. So the utility itself I don't believe is the culprit. Have you checked your drivers to make sure they're working properly?

Looks the same to me, perhaps he doesn't have busybox, I am not sure, but if he runs the commands manually we might find out whats wrong.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
That would be a bit unusual. I don't remember needing busybox installed to process the system dump. But I have steev's dump.zip that I can check to confirm it.

EDIT: steev's zips did not contain busybox.

Last edited:

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Hi guys so do I take it that something is missing. As for the drivers when I installed them I had a choice of three all of them had something to do with android but I can't remember of had what they were so I used one that said composite. Have to say it's a little awkward have a about a six hour time difference.
Ok now what do I do as I don't know how to use the busybox thing.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You'll have to install it before taking a system dump. It's similar to superuser in that it works behind the scenes. Download a copy here and load it onto the MicroSD, then install it like any other app.

If after doing this you can do the dump, then I'll work on updating the root tool to install busybox or provide the link to busybox in the post.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
kenroy said:
Hi guys so do I take it that something is missing. As for the drivers when I installed them I had a choice of three all of them had something to do with android but I can't remember of had what they were so I used one that said composite. Have to say it's a little awkward have a about a six hour time difference.
Ok now what do I do as I don't know how to use the busybox thing.

Yes time difference makes things hard, did you run the command I posted? I want to know the output, did it work or error out what is the error?

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Ok,thank you traveller1701 I will do that.
Vampirefo, I did run the command and it came up with a box with create, extract and about 10 other options which I didn't know what to do with. I will do it again when get home as I am at work atm and post a picture of it so you will know what it is. Ok. Thx

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Yes time difference makes things hard, did you run the command I posted? I want to know the output, did it work or error out what is the error?

hi vampirefo i ran the command again and i got this

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
shell@android:/ $ su
su
shell@android:/ # busybox tar -czvf /sdcard/9742_system.tgz /syste
busybox tar -czvf /sdcard/9742_system.tgz /system
tar: invalid option -- 'z'
BusyBox v1.18.3 (2011-07-08 15:05:12 CST) multi-call binary.

Usage: tar -[cxtvO] [-X FILE] [-f TARFILE] [-C DIR] [FILE]...

Create, extract, or list files from a tar file

Operation:
c Create
x Extract
t List
Options:
f Name of TARFILE ('-' for stdin/out)
C Change to DIR before operation
v Verbose
O Extract to stdout
h Follow symlinks
exclude File to exclude
X File with names to exclude
T File with names to include

1|shell@android:/ #

i am now going to download busybox and try to do a dump if i can figure out which one, i suppose the latest ok
installed busybox and then tried to get dump from utility still the same results.
ran the command this time seems to be some results.

right here goes this is what i have got

http://www.mediafire.com/?5dyauvl6wkyt769

let me know if this is right

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am work so can't help much, but as I thought the problem is your busybox, your busybox lacks compression.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I cant check right now but size is right, once you get cw recovery installed boot into cw and do a backup from cw, then you should be good to go.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
I cant check right now but size is right, once you get cw recovery installed boot into cw and do a backup from cw, then you should be good to go.

i had to get the dump by using the utililty to get the images that i had before and then i used the busybox tar -czvf /sdcard/9742_system.tgz /system to get the system file and then zipped together.
so i am not going to do anything else until its checked to make sure all is good then i will install cwm and do another backup using cwm..

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
So guys would you mind checking my dump to make sure it's ok before I go any further? Thank you.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Well my internet is going to be out for a week or more due to fallen trees. I was able to look at your dump, you didn't upload system.tgz you upload your system folder.
Don't open the system.tgz but do upload it. I won't be able to check again til internet is back on.
You should have a tar file called 9742_system.tgz upload it don't open it.