Cannot see nor access USB thumbdrive

BODGY

Apr 5, 2012

Just bought the ZT 280 running Andoid 4.0.3 with Kernel 2.6.34. Very happy generally

Only problem I have is that I cannot access a USB flash drive from either USB port. I've tried several thumbdrives and whilst there is a very briefly displayed message when I plug in and same when I unplug, the device just isn't seen. File Manager doesn't see it, when I unmount the SD card, it just shows the unmounted graphic

I've searched the FAQ and can't see any reference, I can't be the only one so must be doing something stupid. Happy to buy an app that will fix it. Managed to get everything else going, which is quite an acheivement without any manual, even a Chinglish one.

Can anyone suggest a solution. I'm not technical enough to hack the root tho

stevohaker

Feb 17, 2012
I have the same problem.
I put USB drive in tablet, and nothing happens.
Like I didn't plug it in.
I don't understand.
I will try with update from zenithink.

BODGY

Apr 5, 2012
I have the same problem.
I put USB drive in tablet, and nothing happens.
Like I didn't plug it in.
I don't understand.
I will try with update from zenithink.

I have now resolved the problem.

Firstly I downloaded a different File Manager - ES File Manager, this allowed me to see the USB thumbdrive but not its contents nor access it. I then formatted the USB drive under FAT32. It now works fine, although you have to enable USB debugging and turn on USB storage, which I believe is pretty normal

I'd be surprised if you get anything from Zenithink. Putting out a tablet without even a getting started guide, let alone a manual can't be called customer service. Pity cause, once you puzzle everything out, its a great device, at a great price.

They are shooting themselves in the foot, cause numb nuts like me can't get things to work, so we tend to blame the device

Dutch88

Apr 1, 2012
I have now resolved the problem.

Firstly I downloaded a different File Manager - ES File Manager, this allowed me to see the USB thumbdrive but not its contents nor access it. I then formatted the USB drive under FAT32. It now works fine, although you have to enable USB debugging and turn on USB storage, which I believe is pretty normal

I'd be surprised if you get anything from Zenithink. Putting out a tablet without even a getting started guide, let alone a manual can't be called customer service. Pity cause, once you puzzle everything out, its a great device, at a great price.

They are shooting themselves in the foot, cause numb nuts like me can't get things to work, so we tend to blame the device

That's why we have Forums.....the only Dumb question is the one you never ask!

cj8052

Mar 3, 2012
If you can't see any use icon display on the table when you plug in, the something wrong for the hardware detection for the unit . May be you can try re-setting
back to factory orginal condition.

jprdover

Jun 2, 2012
Pleased to see someone with same model
and same problem. Will watch with interest.

Just bought the ZT 280 running Andoid 4.0.3 with Kernel 2.6.34. Very happy generally

Only problem I have is that I cannot access a USB flash drive from either USB port. I've tried several thumbdrives and whilst there is a very briefly displayed message when I plug in and same when I unplug, the device just isn't seen. File Manager doesn't see it, when I unmount the SD card, it just shows the unmounted graphic

I've searched the FAQ and can't see any reference, I can't be the only one so must be doing something stupid. Happy to buy an app that will fix it. Managed to get everything else going, which is quite an acheivement without any manual, even a Chinglish one.

Can anyone suggest a solution. I'm not technical enough to hack the root tho

Kinesyx

Sep 29, 2012
I have the same problem too!
My usb can't be read by my tablet. ive turned on the usb debugging option, and even the usb bus mode.
However i'm not sure though which one i should turn on if i want the usb to be read assuming it would read properly
either the device mode or the host mode and what's really annoying is that there was a time that my usb did read and i didn' t even know how i did it or what option i selected or something, can anyone please tell me what the hell i'm doing wrong?