Cannot see the screen of my tablet when connected to HDTV via HDMI

BJCruz

Jun 16, 2012
I successfully connected my 5LINX Velocity tablet to my HDTV via HDMI cable. Problem is I can see my tablets screen in the TV but couldn't see it on the tablet itself. Should I change anything so that I can my tablets screen even if it's connected to the HDTV?

Thanks in advance.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
This may be normal. The tablet shunting the image from the tablet to the TV. That way it is only processing image to one screen.
Does your tablet have on screen buttons only or designated areas. Or can you hook a mouse up to your tablet to be able to control it on the tv?

BJCruz

Jun 16, 2012
The tablet goes totally blank. I have to look at the TV screen and a round cursor like thing which I can manipulate by touching the tablet while looking at the TV screen. That's the only control I've got.

Is there a way for me to process the image on both screens?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Don't know. But I understand what your saying what its doing. And it may still be normal. I know on my tablet I can plug a mouse in to it and see the mouse cursor on screen.
But what I'm saying is when you have the tablet plugged in, it may be shutting the tablet screen of on purpose. The tablet is processing one image for the TV and it may take quite a but to do that, processing a image for the tablet at the same time might be so much that it would cause performance to suffer so the tablet is designed to only do one screen at a time. Either the tablet or the TV but not both.

Last edited: