Cannot speak to Browser app.

wacojohn

May 23, 2012
T-Mobile Springboard (Huawei) running Honeycomb. When using the default browser, the speak now microphone key on the on screen keyboard is 'striked' out. All other applications with the feature show the key as active and it works.

How can I turn the feature on so I can speak to the browser?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

From my experience, this has more to do with which keyboard is selected than anything. Some keyboards do not allow text input for some fields.

Is this in the URL bar, or in a text box on a web page?

wacojohn

May 23, 2012
Is this in the URL bar, or in a text box on a web page?
it

Thank you for the quick reply. To be clear, using the 'native' browser .. don't know what it is called but it is a blue world globe titled BROWSER. I tap it, and it opens to a MOST VISITED window. In the SEARCH OR TYPE URL window, the cursor is blinking and the onscreen keyboard is up. The microphone key (on the KEYBOARD) is 'slashed' out and (of course) does not work.

But I just noticed something that I never noticed before. There is ANOTHER microphone icon ... just to the right of the SEARCH OR TYPE URL window. It is NOT slashed out, ... and it DOES work.

Sooo, apparently I do not have a problem (I guess) . ... just need to look more closely at my screens ... I guess.

Would be interested in any of your comments ... before I close this thread as solved ... if you have any to make. Thank you again, in advance.