can't access music on external sdcard using stock player

ajvalerio

Mar 2, 2012
I apologize if this has been covered in another thread that I missed.

I bought an SD card for my Lepan II and moved some files to it including my music. Now the stock player still has all the music info but can't find/play the tracks. I haven't found a way to refresh the info directing it to the appropriate path.
I can play the music with a file manager like ES Explorer but would rather use the music player.

This may be a generic Google player issue not a Lepan issue but since I only know Lepans (970 & 979) I posted it here.

Thanks for any help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Install JetAudio and give it a try. Heads and shoulders over the stock player.

ajvalerio

Mar 2, 2012
leeshor said:
Install JetAudio and give it a try. Heads and shoulders over the stock player.

Thanks for suggesting JetAudio. It is clearly better then the stock player.

However, it has the same issue. Even when I eliminate the old Music folder and tell it to rebuild the Media Library it still doesn't "see" the music is now on the external SD card.

Maybe I need to somehow clear the media database?

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Maybe I need to somehow clear the media database?

Yes, I would think so - go to Settings, Applications, find the app you are using. Delete all application data, it will clear its cache, database, etc.

ajvalerio

Mar 2, 2012
First of all thanks for your answers/tips. Hey got me on he right track. It turns out the app that needs it's data cleared I a standard Android system app call Media Storage. Once I cleared that and rebooted the tablet it recognized the Music folder on the external SD card.

I was starting to think I wasted my money on a large card or nothing. Back to loving my Le Pan II!!!

Thanks again.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
aj, you are welcome, glad you got it working again.

I didn't know about the 'Media Storage' service, but it makes sense that it's the culprit. Cheers. :)