Can't access SD card, unable to boot completely, vtab1008

jereader

Mar 30, 2012
So, I really hosed this one up. I was rooted, and had done the SD mount point swap modification, as well as various other mods for performance. Everything ran quite fine until the other day when I saw the news about the honeycomb update, read good things and wanted to try it out. So, I rebooted into recovery and did a factory reset so I could download the update...

Now, I am able to boot to CWM recovery, and I can boot to the tablet setup screen. Most functions in recovery work except those that use the sd card. When I do try to do something with the SD card i get the error: "E:Can't mount /sdcard/"

At the tablet setup screen I am presented two choices: Skip setup or Start Setup. If I press "skip setup" then I am left with a blank screen with the status bar up top, no homescreen, pressing home or back will give a FC on the launcher. If I press "Start Setup" the screen blanks momentarily then immediately returns to the same screen with the two buttons to choose from.

Another bad thing is that I can't run logcat. I get this error: "/sbin/sh: exec: line 1: logcat: not found" So, I can't even see what's going on behind the scenes to know where to start trying to fix it!

So, it would appear that I have royally hosed the entire filesystem on this tablet, but it is not completely bricked. Honestly, I don't really know where to start. If I could access the sdcard, I would apply the 1.6 update (even thought it would kill root.) but I can't even do that.

Any insights or ideas would be appreciated, any useful questions welcomed, and other than that, please HELP! ;)

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Yoh cant update without reverting back to stock recovery it will brick. See cwm thread post 1

Sent from my Miui powered Evo 3D tapa tapa tapa