Can't boot into Android after replacing battery

Feb 22, 2014
On Mother Day week-end I finally spent the $20.00 and replaced the battery in my Sensis N78 tablet with Android 4.1. During the week that followed I had no trouble, that is till last Monday night.
After using my Tablet till the battery ran down I plugged it in to recharge. This time however, instead of getting the Android opening screen, I got nothing. So I pressed the on button till the Manufacture’s spinning color wheel page appeared. But, instead of continuing booting on to the Android opening screen, it just stayed stuck on that spinning color wheel.
Since this has happen to me before I proceeded to use the reset command (pressing the power and up volume buttons simultaneously). Yet, instead of booting in to original Chinese opening screen I got the “Android” laying on its back with its access panel open and an exclamation point in a red triangle. Which after a few minutes returns to the spinning color wheel page.
What has gone wrong now?
Has the “drive” containing the Android operation system failed? Has Android itself become corrupted? Is there a fix?
Or do I have another paperweight for my desk?