Can't buy apps from market

EXPm

Jan 21, 2012
He guys I'm having issues with the market since I purchased the tablet. For some reason when I want to buy an app the following
error shows "The item you were attempting to buy could not be found". I already have my google account all set with the wallet and all thec correct info. I tried opening a new account, go to the settings menu - manage applications - clear the cache and stop the service. Also I tried to erase the account and log back in and a factory reset and really I don't know what else to do .

Thanks

EXPm

Jan 21, 2012
Yes I tried to buy it from the market on the PC but when I go to the app says that Sony tablet S is not supported however I can download the free version of the same app. In fact I tried to buy the ones that the sony borwser shows and the same problem.

EXPm

Jan 21, 2012
I don't know if it's because I live in Puerto Rico that the market won't let me buy the apps.

KeithAmbrose

Jan 17, 2012
I'm having issues too. When I try to download an app it will get stuck at "starting download" and do nothing. Please help.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Have you tried the Amazon App Store? It seems to have fewer issues than the Google Market.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Not all apps will run on all Android products. In most cases, if a app does not show in your market and your product is a Google approved piece of hardware it is because the app is not compatible with your product. If you have a cheap generic tablet that is not on the Google approved list, you may have a hard time finding things.

Google approved list, not fully updated but best I can do for you.Supported Devices - Android Market Help

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This doesn't mean apps won't work, just that the Google Market does a poor job of determining if your device is compatible. It is definitely a flaw in the Google Market that needs to be fixed and can actually be the result of several issues. Of course theres are also issue with most stores being location sensitive so if you are not in the right country that can be a problem.

The best solution is to try an alternate store such as Amazon or Slideme and see if you can download and use the app. If not, then you know your device isn't compatible.

KeithAmbrose

Jan 17, 2012
device is listed as compatible. I'm pretty sure this is a different issue. something to do with the tablet's ability to download.

EXPm

Jan 21, 2012
Well I contacted the app market and they told me that the problem it's most likely the country and that the team is working on it.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum