Cant connect to Internet with new Tablet

Pebbles

May 25, 2011
Hi,

I purchased a 7 Inch Android 2.2OS Tablet with WiFi and Camera, G-Sensor 7 Inch Tablet 2.2OS which arrived today but I'm unable to connect to the Internet, can anyone help me please?

I have a desktop computer and have a network set up and have no trouble at all connecting to it with a mobile phone or a laptop (when I had one) and when my brother visits with his netbook he has no bother at all so I know my network is up and running properly.

I went into the settings of my tablet and added my network as it wasnt picking up the signal but I cant get to any websites. I contacted the company I bought it from and was told to do this:

"Please go to wireless settings, there is a tick next to WiFi, please untick
this. Then once this is off turn off the unit and turn back on. Then go back to
Wireless settings and tick the box next to wifi, this will turn back on. Then go
back to home screen and click wireless setting again and let it scan. Then try
and reconnect."

I've done that about 2 dozen times and still no joy. :mad:

I've contacted the company again but not heard anything back as yet. Its so frustrating. :-( My husband bought me the tablet for my birthday and I couldnt wait for it to arrive (big kid me lol) and Im really disappointed now that I cant use it.

I've not used a tablet before so Im not sure what Im doing, if it was a problem with my computer Id be fine as Im quite knowledgeable when it comes to computers.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Pebbles

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Pebbles -

If it doesn't even see available networks then you may have a defective device, hate to say. Do you even get a message that says scanning for networks?

Peter

Pebbles

May 25, 2011
Pebbles -

If it doesn't even see available networks then you may have a defective device, hate to say. Do you even get a message that says scanning for networks?

Peter

Thanx for replying to me.

Sorry, I didnt make myself very clear in my previous post, I was upset when I wrote it.

I can see my network as well as other peoples and I click on mine and put my password in and it then says "Remembered" but underneath where it says WiFi it then says "disconnected". So it finds all networks but as soon as I add my password to connect to it, it disconnects. At first it wasnt picking up my signal (or I wasnt doing it right)
and thats why I put it in manually. When I heard back from company I bought it from the email was sent by "James" and he said that he was the one who got my order
ready (I bought it online) and he checked to make sure it was connection to the net before it was sent to me.

I bought it from thegadgetshop.tv

Thanx.

Pebbles

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
are there any unsecured networks you can test connecting to around you? Also, do you have Wifi Protected Setup turned on?

Pebbles

May 25, 2011
are there any unsecured networks you can test connecting to around you? Also, do you have Wifi Protected Setup turned on?

No there are no unsecured networks. My own network is protected and I need to put a my password in to connect. I put the password in and thats when it says Im disconnected.

Pebbles

May 25, 2011
Just to let you know that I have heard back from the company I bougth the tablet from and they have asked me to send it back and its all ready to be posted off to them.
Thanks for replying to my previous posts.

Pebbles

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hopefully it won't take too long for the replacement!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum