Can't connect to Mifi

Discussion in 'Craig Tablets' started by Vealchop, May 15, 2011.

1. Vealchop

Vealchop Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    A Craig
    I have the Craig 7" Tablet from CVS with the stock Craig Android 2.1 still installed. The only wifi I have is a Virgin Mobile mifi and I can't get the tablet to connect to it. It says it's remembers, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK but never connects. I've entered the correct passkey multiple times. Sometimes it will even say the hotspot is out of range when it's right next to it. Any tips on how to get it to connect or do I have a 2nd malfunctioning unit?
  2. Vickster3659

Vickster3659 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Craig CMP 738a
    Hello, I am also having the same problem with my home network, which is also secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK. However, I was able to connect one time before, then I took my ePad on a vacation and connected to a mobile hotspot. I haven't been able to connect to my home network since. Just last week, I could not connect to an open network, either. Any help is appreciated, as I like my ePad, especially when traveling.
  3. todaysva

todaysva Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Xoom
    I am having the same problem. Called Virgin and they don't support the Android system. They are in the process on upgrading but it is not available yet. If anyone has come across a work around, please share. Thank you.
  4. gladloch

gladloch Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    craig tablet
    I am having exactly the same problem with the verizon MIFI connection. Recognizes the device but will not connect. Craig electronics support is always busy and when you leave a message for a call back the time you have to leave the message is about 5 seconds. Going back to store I guess, not worth the headache.
  5. m3red

m3red Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Rooted Craig CMP738B with working Market
    With you tried changing the WEP setting on your MiFi?
  6. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    This is interesting. MiFi is essentially a cellular modem and wifi router. They shouldn't have to "support Android" if they are using standard wifi protocols. Assuming that your tablets can handle the security you should be able to connect. If not you might need to try an encryption mode your tablets handle like m3red suggests by using WEP.
  7. Im_Sirius

Im_Sirius Junior Member

I have a Virgin Mobil MIFI working on my Samsung Galaxy tablet, no problems with it other then slow speeds.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Tablet Forum