Can't connect to Mifi

Vealchop

May 15, 2011
I have the Craig 7" Tablet from CVS with the stock Craig Android 2.1 still installed. The only wifi I have is a Virgin Mobile mifi and I can't get the tablet to connect to it. It says it's remembers, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK but never connects. I've entered the correct passkey multiple times. Sometimes it will even say the hotspot is out of range when it's right next to it. Any tips on how to get it to connect or do I have a 2nd malfunctioning unit?

Vickster3659

May 20, 2011
Hello, I am also having the same problem with my home network, which is also secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK. However, I was able to connect one time before, then I took my ePad on a vacation and connected to a mobile hotspot. I haven't been able to connect to my home network since. Just last week, I could not connect to an open network, either. Any help is appreciated, as I like my ePad, especially when traveling.

todaysva

Jul 23, 2011
I am having the same problem. Called Virgin and they don't support the Android system. They are in the process on upgrading but it is not available yet. If anyone has come across a work around, please share. Thank you.

gladloch

Dec 1, 2011
I am having exactly the same problem with the verizon MIFI connection. Recognizes the device but will not connect. Craig electronics support is always busy and when you leave a message for a call back the time you have to leave the message is about 5 seconds. Going back to store I guess, not worth the headache.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This is interesting. MiFi is essentially a cellular modem and wifi router. They shouldn't have to "support Android" if they are using standard wifi protocols. Assuming that your tablets can handle the security you should be able to connect. If not you might need to try an encryption mode your tablets handle like m3red suggests by using WEP.

Im_Sirius

Sep 30, 2011
I have a Virgin Mobil MIFI working on my Samsung Galaxy tablet, no problems with it other then slow speeds.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Tablet Forum