Cant connect to wifi blue logo gone grey.

sallyshere

Mar 26, 2012
Hello folks I am new here. I have an Asus tablet which I have had since October. I have had Ice Cream sandwich up grade and so far everything fine. However yesterday I could not connect to the internet by wifi. What seems strange is that the little blue logo in the bottom right of the screen next to the time, and battery logos is no longer blue. It has become grey in colour. Yet if I press the logo and go to the wifi menu it says I am connected and signal strength is good.

Any ideas? Is this a tablet problem or ICS problem. First time I have had any problems.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Usually that means on some other tablets, the network connection for that network has gotten corrupt. Go to Setting, Network, Forget that that network, deleting , and power down. Power up and attempt to connect again. If it still does not work, go to an open network (McD, Starbucks,...) and attempt to connect. If still no joy, it may mean your Android network config or NIC is bad, I have seen the first fixed by reapplying the Firmware. But I would call ASUS support.otherwise.

DavidSKi

Mar 22, 2012
that happened to me when i changed the password to my router and didnt update the passwords on my tablet and android phones.

henrg

Sep 1, 2011
The status of the network indicator will show two things. If you are connected to a Wi Fi access point it will be grey. If you have a connection to the internet it will be blue. On top of the icon will be up and down arrows when data is being transmitted. We have no internet connection via our work network (blocked by a proxy server) and my tf101 (with ICS) only shows a grey Wi Fi connection. The strength of the connection is also shown via the icon.

henrg

Sep 1, 2011
Further to this I have sometimes seen this when my home router has been "hanging" and I have reset my connection by turning on and off flight mode.