Can't connect to wifi

Dec 26, 2011
Hi, my kids received a tablet each for christmas, my daughters was easy and got it connected to wifi straight away, but on my sons tablet when you go into settings and then click on wifi etc it doesn't change colour (eg that orangey yellow colour) when you click on it and stays grey and goes nowhere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. They are android google 10" ver 2.2. I am also not very computer literate so if you could dumb down the answers that would be great also.

carolinef0507

Dec 28, 2011
Hi there, I really hope that someone can assist me. I bought my mum this tablet for Christmas on the advice from a computer guy at my school. It all seems very cute and everything, but we are having no luck in connecting to the Thompson modem at my parents place. We have read the instructions, and have enterred the password etc for the bigpond connection, but when we select the wifi to connect, the tablet goes so far as scanning and then authenticating the connection, but then disconnects. We have tried turning the tablet on/off to no avail. I realise that it is most probably something so simple, but none of us have ANY clues about computers or laptops or tablets and the like so we are pretty lost. If anyone can help us, and really dumb it down, we would be very grateful. :confused: