Can't download anything... Help please

Zonagal

Dec 30, 2010
Anytime i attempt to download updates or any other app, the download drops with a statement saying "download stopped unexpectedly and must force close" Help what does this mean and what do i need to do to fix this?

I truly appreciate any help that anyone can give.
I have the S7.. Not the slim version

Thanks so much!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

JFer

Dec 19, 2010
uninstall market, download your applications with old market and the next time, market will be updated, sorry for my english :p

Last edited:

raj7787

Jun 20, 2011
have you tried factory reset?

if not, give it a shot. who knows...

" hey guys, i just bought s7 2.1 , telstra t-touch, and i got same problems, ny apps i try to download, it stays in que and nothing happen,

i tried restore my s7 to factory reset
i tired uninstalled app market and use old version

but nothing works ..
and now i am getting error android.process.media. . force to close ...or wait ..blablabl

can any one help me out please .. .
cheers
raj

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
If you are running the standard rom, I would recommend you upgrade to either Tri_zet's or Joenilan's froyofusion ROM.
They work GREAT, and I have had NO problems with either of them.
The original ROM had issues with the Market.

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
Have u frozen system apps?
Try unfreeze all and reboot.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
To clarify what JFer said, uninstall Market updates. You could also clear the cache and data for the Market. Find this in Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, scroll to Market.

One other thing I've seen, especially with app2sd, the Market might download the new app, but won't install. Sometimes with a force close, sometimes the Market just closes. Reformatting the memory will correct it. I just had this on one of our S7s running a custom rom wtih app2sd. I copied both internal and SD memory, reformatted both, copied everything back.

raj7787

Jun 20, 2011
hi guys . thanks a lot .. well now it works like superbly .. well I just RESTORED to Fatctoy Default and Restart.. . its work. good stuff thanks a lots
cheers

fuj1n

Nov 16, 2011
" hey guys, i just bought s7 2.1 , telstra t-touch, and i got same problems, ny apps i try to download, it stays in que and nothing happen,

i tried restore my s7 to factory reset
i tired uninstalled app market and use old version

but nothing works ..
and now i am getting error android.process.media. . force to close ...or wait ..blablabl

can any one help me out please .. .
cheers
raj
Install The Other Rom Downloaded From Huawei Website, Telstra Are Noobs In Android Developement And They Even Have Made A Mistake That When You Try To Factory Reset With A Lock Patten On, It Force Closes
Upgrade To 2.2.2 Official Rom(No Root) Here:
indonesia 2.2.2 MULTIUPLOAD
Russia Channel 2.2.2 MULTIUPLOAD
Brazil Commex 2.2.1 (ROOTABLE) MULTIUPLOAD
Sweeden Expert 2.2.2 MULTIUPLOAD
Taiwan 2.2.2 MULTIUPLOAD
Telstra(Fixed) 2.2.2 MULTIUPLOAD
Generic(Non-Country) 2.1 (Should Work Too) MULTIUPLOAD
Please Note That All Of Them Are Over 100MB
It Even Enables Wifi Tethering :)

mlynch642

Dec 2, 2011
I know this is an old thread but I am having the same problem with my downloads. Had it before I upgraded to 2.2.2 and still having it after. I have tried everything in the above thread and still not working. Before it would download a few programs on the market but now it won't download anything. There is no tab to uninstall the market. Can anyone help? Thanks.

juhni

Dec 5, 2011
Do you get an authentication error when you download? If so go to applications and clear market cache and data. That should help for a bit.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum