Can't download from market place

dont

Mar 19, 2011
Hello; new to nook color..i bought a NC it was rooted with android 2.1..When i open Market and try to download it says ( statrting your download) but the progress bar never moves and the little down load symbol on the task bar never appears..I have read the threads about going to youtube and creating an account using my gmail name to sync the two accounts, which I did..did not help..the Market appears when I load the market app, but will not allow me to download..appreciate any help thank you.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
If you did not follow the instructions to set it up then you are going to need to re-root. Download the Autonooter for your current version and run it and be sure to follow the instructions.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
This is a common problem to all android devices. Unfortunately there is no known cause that I could find but here are a bunch of solution that have worked for android users.

1. Open Nook Color Tools > All Settings > Manage Applications (alt menu -filter all) > Market app: clear cache

2. Open NCT > All Settings > Manager applications (alt menu -filter all) > Market: Uninstall updates
-reboot

3. Open NCT > All Settings > Manager applications (alt menu -filter all) > Market: force stop, clear cache, exit
Go back to NCT > All Settings > Manager applications (alt menu -filter all) > Market: clear cache again
then NCT > All Settings > Manager applications (alt menu -filter all) > Download manager: force stop, clear data, clear cache
-reboot

4. Unmount your SD card, then try to download from market.

5. Upgrade your market app: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-app-fix-lack-apps-showing-portrait-mode.html

6. If you have CWM recovery installed
-Boot to CWM recovery
-Wipe cache partition
-Wipe dalvik cache
-reboot

Here are some other ideas before wiping it all out.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
It may be because it was bought pre-rooted, in which case the email is going to be the hitch in this giddyup.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
If it was pre-rooted when bought, I would HIGHLY recommend doing a restore to stock (as linked in Darmeend signature) and then reroot yourself following the instructions completely. When someone else rooted the NC and you picked it up later, who knows which little settings are still hanging around.

I have done over a dozen "rootings" now and each time I do it WITH the owner so they can enter all of their information themselves and ensure a proper link with all necessary accounts.

Pa1adin

Mar 16, 2011
If it helps, when I first rooted my Nook I created my Market account under a different Email than my phone not realizing at the time it is better to use the same.
So I deregistered my Nook and re-registered it but then I also had market issues. It just would not work right.

To solve it I re-ran the auto nooter process it and it is fine now.

Last edited: