Can't download from Market

Discussion in 'Huawei Ideos S7 Apps and Games' started by eialbur, Nov 26, 2010.

1. eialbur

eialbur Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei A7
    I want to use the tablet WiFi only. When I go to Market and attempt to download it says the download is starting but it never downloads. I am running at home and don't have any special firewall setup on the wireless access point. I read somewhere that I may have to do a hard reset on the tablet, but I don't know how to do a hard reset on this device.

Any assistance would be welcome.
  2. TeenFaces

TeenFaces Junior Member

I simply turn the unit off and back on again when a download hangs and it continues the download when I go back into the market.
  3. eialbur

eialbur Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei A7
    Are you running strictly on WiFi, or do you have your phone enabled? I am strictly WiFi, and stopping/starting the tablet does not appear to do anything for my problem.
  4. gurgle

gurgle Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    If Market never worked, the reason is simpler and the fix is more complex. You likely have a device which does not have a licensed copy of Market installed. There are many tablets which have market installed but do not have a compliant device according to Google and the manufacturer did not pay the licensing fee for installation.
    Search the forum. You are NOT the only one with this problem (Actually very common) and there are fixes and patches available. Search and you will likely find a comparable/identical tablet and the fix.
  5. sopranosv

sopranosv Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia Tab A500
    Just to check...when you select to Download/Instal something, have you check the icon on the upper right corner, the one with the "i" on it? On my Tablet when the download is ready and instaled, it starts to blink...there you will find the notification.
  6. eialbur

eialbur Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei A7
    It never downloads. It says "Starting Download..." and that's it. It never makes any progress. I let it sit overnight and it was still in the same state in the morning.
  7. eialbur

eialbur Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei A7
    Gurgle: Do you think it could be a WiFi vs 3g issue? I have *not* enabled the phone on my tablet, and I have seen some indication that some people have gotten Market to work on some versions of the tablet (mostly reviewers).
  8. JustDroid

JustDroid Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei Ideos S7 tablet
    Market works fine on mine via Wi-Fi. I hate to mention it, but have you done a 'factory reset' and tried the market again?
  9. eialbur

eialbur Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei A7
    I found the rough equivalent of a hard reset (not where Huawei said it would be - but rather under Privacy) ... reset the tablet and re-entered my data ... still no deal.
  10. TheVicster

TheVicster Junior Member

Clear the cache for the Market app if your intrrested do a google search for this issue, its a search VERY common problem does affects many many different devices
  11. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 Super Moderator Staff Member

12. eialbur

eialbur Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei A7
    New Clue: The Android Market Help says that your device needs to be able to log into Google Talk. Well, I can get gmail, but it won't log into Google Talk - I just get a message saying it can't connect to the server.
  13. AndroidIsTheTruth

AndroidIsTheTruth Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nexus One, Neuxs Tablet (in my dreams)
    Yeah I was gonna tell you alot people who have that problem found that logging into GTalk would solve that issue. Why you are getting that message I don't know. But that may solve your problem. You can always clear cache/data for the apps. Settings-Application-Manage App-All Apps
  14. eialbur

eialbur Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei A7
    Yes - I definitely can't log into GTalk either. And unfortunately, I do not have a clear cache/data for Market/GTalk. I did a factory data reset (found under privacy) which was supposed to delete all non-factory data ... but it didn't fix it either. From what I've been reading lately (on Google forums), this is a *very* common problem ... unfortunately, that doesn't make my life any easier.
  15. JustDroid

JustDroid Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei Ideos S7 tablet
    To clear Market cache, go to Settings -> Applications - Manage Applications. Then press the Menu button and select Filter and select All.
    Then scroll in the list until you find Market. Select Market and the screen should show you the settings for Market.

You might also do this Talk as well.
  16. TheVicster

TheVicster Junior Member

I would simply add that when you select market you will see several tabs, select the tab that says "manage" I believe. then you'll see a button to clear the cache
  17. eialbur

eialbur Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei A7
    Thanks for the added insight for clearing cache. Unfortunately, it didn't help. In fact, when I went there it didn't even enable the 'clear cache' button because the cache size was already zero. I tried it with Talk and Market. I'm still stuck.
  18. eialbur

eialbur Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei A7
    I have found several people over on the Google forums who have mobile devices that can log into Talk over the phone but can not log in over WiFi. If someone here as a Huawei tablet that can log into Talk - would you please disable the phone and see if you can do it strictly over WiFi?
  19. brachiopod

brachiopod Junior Member

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but I have an S7. Both the Market and Talk work on it, and I only have WiFi, I don't even have a Sim card. So it works fine with just WiFi. I've never used talk before, but it let me log in and change my status and post a status message with my regular Google login.
  20. eialbur

eialbur Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei A7
    I gave the tablet to my business partner, and he had NO trouble connecting to Google Talk at his house. I must now assume that my Apple AirPort Extreme is somehow blocking the necessary ports for Chat to work at my house. I've gone into the AirPort configuration, but it has a 'simplified' interface that doesn't allow me to do any low level configuration (I went to the Apple site to look up how to configure the router, but their illustrations and documentation doesn't match my device, for some reason - maybe I have a very early model or something).