Can't download from Market

eialbur

Nov 26, 2010
I want to use the tablet WiFi only. When I go to Market and attempt to download it says the download is starting but it never downloads. I am running at home and don't have any special firewall setup on the wireless access point. I read somewhere that I may have to do a hard reset on the tablet, but I don't know how to do a hard reset on this device.

Any assistance would be welcome.

TeenFaces

Nov 26, 2010
I simply turn the unit off and back on again when a download hangs and it continues the download when I go back into the market.

eialbur

Nov 26, 2010
Are you running strictly on WiFi, or do you have your phone enabled? I am strictly WiFi, and stopping/starting the tablet does not appear to do anything for my problem.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
If Market never worked, the reason is simpler and the fix is more complex. You likely have a device which does not have a licensed copy of Market installed. There are many tablets which have market installed but do not have a compliant device according to Google and the manufacturer did not pay the licensing fee for installation.
Search the forum. You are NOT the only one with this problem (Actually very common) and there are fixes and patches available. Search and you will likely find a comparable/identical tablet and the fix.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Are you running strictly on WiFi, or do you have your phone enabled? I am strictly WiFi, and stopping/starting the tablet does not appear to do anything for my problem.

Just to check...when you select to Download/Instal something, have you check the icon on the upper right corner, the one with the "i" on it? On my Tablet when the download is ready and instaled, it starts to blink...there you will find the notification.

eialbur

Nov 26, 2010
It never downloads. It says "Starting Download..." and that's it. It never makes any progress. I let it sit overnight and it was still in the same state in the morning.

eialbur

Nov 26, 2010
Gurgle: Do you think it could be a WiFi vs 3g issue? I have *not* enabled the phone on my tablet, and I have seen some indication that some people have gotten Market to work on some versions of the tablet (mostly reviewers).

JustDroid

Oct 27, 2010
Market works fine on mine via Wi-Fi. I hate to mention it, but have you done a 'factory reset' and tried the market again?

eialbur

Nov 26, 2010
I found the rough equivalent of a hard reset (not where Huawei said it would be - but rather under Privacy) ... reset the tablet and re-entered my data ... still no deal.

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
Clear the cache for the Market app if your intrrested do a google search for this issue, its a search VERY common problem does affects many many different devices

eialbur

Nov 26, 2010
New Clue: The Android Market Help says that your device needs to be able to log into Google Talk. Well, I can get gmail, but it won't log into Google Talk - I just get a message saying it can't connect to the server.

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
Yeah I was gonna tell you alot people who have that problem found that logging into GTalk would solve that issue. Why you are getting that message I don't know. But that may solve your problem. You can always clear cache/data for the apps. Settings-Application-Manage App-All Apps

eialbur

Nov 26, 2010
Yes - I definitely can't log into GTalk either. And unfortunately, I do not have a clear cache/data for Market/GTalk. I did a factory data reset (found under privacy) which was supposed to delete all non-factory data ... but it didn't fix it either. From what I've been reading lately (on Google forums), this is a *very* common problem ... unfortunately, that doesn't make my life any easier.

JustDroid

Oct 27, 2010
To clear Market cache, go to Settings -> Applications - Manage Applications. Then press the Menu button and select Filter and select All.
Then scroll in the list until you find Market. Select Market and the screen should show you the settings for Market.

You might also do this Talk as well.