Can't Download Some Apps

rckowal

May 13, 2011
When trying to download some apps from Android Market, they stop at the "Send To" window with the message: "Choose device on which to install". If I click on the arrow button, my Coby tablet is called a "T-Mobile Sec. MID 8024" but it's greyed out. Most apps install just fine so this appears to be a random condition.

For instance, here is an app I just tried to download/install. https://market.andro....fa12de5db066de

Is there a way to work around this?

evansm76

Jun 16, 2011
On Acer Iconia, can web browse but get "no network connection when I try to download Market apps or access YouTube. Ideas?

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
Rckowal, some apps are incompatible with some devices. It's possible the T-Mobile Sec. is one of the devices that's incompatible with those applications. It sucks... all droid apps should, in my humble opinion, universally work (I mean YOU Netflix), but not all do and since Google has now added a device compatibility list to the market place it may be you can see the app, and purchase it, but it wont let you install on incompatible devices.

Evansm76, I have an Iconia and have that issue on occasion too. I think the android marketplace for Honeycomb is a little wonkie (that is a technical term, darn it!). Keep retrying and it should work eventually.