Can't get GPS to work?

Grandy

Jan 28, 2012
Hi, I have tried to get my GPS to work on my FlyTouch6 SuperPad VI 512RAM 8GB (10.1 inch MID) Tablet, but it won't work? all the settings are turned on etc, antenna plugged in, but no Satellites? anyone with the same problem?

Last edited:

ibex16g

Jun 27, 2011
Hi, I have a flytouch 3 (from Chinagrabber May 2011) and I have the same problem. The last fix shows it still in Shanghai. I followed the suggestions on Apad tv site, left it outside for an hour and eventually it moved from China to England, but not to my location, somewhere 20 miles south!! I pretty much gave up with the GPS after that, as after turning it off for the day, the next time it was turned on the last fix resorted back to Shanghai!! It seems that the GPS is incredibly useless! I tried a couple of other programs that used the GPS unit and they didn't work either, so I presume the fault lies with the GPS module itself and not the tablet. I then did the 'rooting' thing to Tims rom 6 but this made no difference to the GPS, but the tablet is much more stable than it's factory form. I surfed for hours on this subject and got no-where with it, so I have given up. Unless someone can suggest a simple fix or we are doing something wrong, it's history. The only thing I haven't researched is if you can get a much better GPS module, but that kinda defeats the object of providing GPS with the tablet in the advertising blurb in the first place!! Sorry I haven't given you any positive news; I would love some myself on this subject!!