Can't get my idolpad plus to start

Rockcranky

Aug 14, 2012
I received my IdolPad plus yesterday. I plugged it in and tried to start it. I couldn't get it to fire up. I googled a few things and tried the reset button. Still no go. I can start it by pressing power and home then releasing the power button but as soon as I take my finger off the home button everything goes black. Sometimes I can fire it up pressing the power button and the volume - button but as soon as I take my finger off the volume it goes dark. I tried power and menu with a blank SD and the little andoid tries to update then dies.
I have gotten it to keep running a couple of times when both buttons are released but it randomly turns off in a few seconds.
I was able to keep it running long enough to restore to factor reset but it didn't help.
Any help would be appreciated.
I emailed tech support so if I get an answer I will post it.

Last edited:

Rockcranky

Aug 14, 2012
It has now been a month since I first paid for the pad (July 27). I was sent an email about the first delay and I had to send an email before I was told of the second delay. When I did get the pad it wouldn't turn on for more than 2o seconds. I emailed the "contact us" at idolian 4 times looking for a solution and never received a return email (though their website stated that this was the only way to contact them and they would answer withing 24 hours). Luckily I still had my email from Drew telling me of the first delay. Drew eventually gave me an RMA label and I shipped it back. They received it on the 24th, 4 days ago. I have not heard back.
I want this to work. This pad would make the ultimate Squeezebox remote. That is the only reason I bought it.