Can't Get Netflix to Work on Tablet

georgeodom

Dec 19, 2011
i just purchased a Meiying (Chinese) android tablet a Saturn 1 with android version 2.3.1 gingerbread OS. I went to the android market to see if i could download the app but it stats that it is not compatible with my device. then i tried going to the site via the internet and the site said i needed to download microsoft silver light. after i downloaded silver light it was in my downloads and i tried to open it but i stated that it could not open file. I really was under the impression that i would be able to watch Netflix on my tablet but i can't seem to get it to work. Also i have noticed that there are several apps in the market that claim to be not compatible with my devices. So if anyone can help me on making my Android tablet work on Netflix i greatly appreciate it.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Try googling for "Netflix 1.6.0 apk" and downloading it and installing it not using the market.

It could be blocked for a few reasons, country, or some other restrictions. It may or may not work. Netflix says it works on all 2.2, 2.3, 3.x and 4.x devices.

You will have to check the "Unknown Sources" box in Settings - Applications to install it.

Also, silverlight has not made its way to Android, and M$ seems to be abandoning it for future and moving to HTML5.

bootsie

Aug 3, 2012
I`ve recently purchased a MEIYING M10 from China and before purchasing I read all the reviews and questions. One question was `does NetFlix worok on this tablet`, the answer was `no`, so I`m thinking you won`t be able to use NetFlix georgeodom.

MasumaNazreen

Dec 21, 2012
I just brought the blackberry tablet. Cant watch netflix because i need to be connected to a computer that meets the following requirements: windows vista or windows 7, latest version of firefox, chrome OS. how do i do this on the blackberry tablet?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I just brought the blackberry tablet. Cant watch netflix because i need to be connected to a computer that meets the following requirements: windows vista or windows 7, latest version of firefox, chrome OS. how do i do this on the blackberry tablet?

I don't know anything about your tablet, netflix only works on android via app.