Can't get on market. help?

problematic

Jun 25, 2012
my a500 will not sign into the android market, i keep getting an error code that says there was a problem comunicating with server, code RH-01. Any ideas?

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
One of the most common problems when accessing the Android Market is that you date and time settings are wrong.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Try going into Settings>Applications and clearing the cache for the Play store app and then rebooting.

problematic

Jun 25, 2012
i dont have the option to clear cache. when i go to the google play website it doesnt even show any connected devices..

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I can only assume you have a valid Google Mail account and that was what you used to sign up your tablet? Just checking.

problematic

Jun 25, 2012
i do have a valid gmail account. i am able to sync my gmail account just fine, just no market access.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
i dont have the option to clear cache. when i go to the google play website it doesnt even show any connected devices..

Not through the Play store itself, on the tablet settings. Go to Settings>Apps>Google Play Store then you should have the options Force stop, Uninstall updates, Clear data and Clear cache. To be thorough you can Force stop then clear data then clear cache and reboot.

problematic

Jun 25, 2012
i dont have the play store but i will force close the market, clear cache, clear data, and reboot.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, try that. How is it you don't have Play Store? Market was updated quite sometime ago to become Play Store. Once rebooted look to see if there is a Play Store update assuming this allows you to connect to the "Market" again.

problematic

Jun 25, 2012
no luck. idk how it hasnt updated to google play, my phone did a long time ago. i havent been able to get on the matket since i bought the tablet. would it be in a system update? i ask because it wasnt a full system update on my phone.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
i dont have the play store but i will force close the market, clear cache, clear data, and reboot.

Just a shot.

Get rid of the market. It is possible that there is some corruption and therefore PLAY is not coming down. Then make sure that it is completely removed - once confirmed. Reboot and download app from Google, installment, Then see how it goes.