cant get usb mode in MID7022

CHightshoe

Dec 25, 2011
Referring back to reply #3 - doesn't help with the issue of not being able to find the USB setting on the 7022.

BTW - why do people reply to a thread regarding a specific issue on a specific model with information from a different model. If you don't have the information for the 7022 - giving the information for the 7024 doesn't help all it does is confuse matters.

Hubby got me the 7022 for Christmas and I've been playing with it this morning - can't even get the USB to work with the PC and I can't get the SD card to seat either - can't see why people like this model. Hubby was hoping I would be able to use it to run one the Office programs for Android as I am a writer, but if I can't get the SD card to work, or the USB port to work so I can add an external keyboard - then he wasted money on something that is worthless.

If someone has a way to activate the USB settings for the 7022 it would be appreciated - again if you aren't using the 7022 don't respond as the information obviously doesn't apply.

Sry if I'm grumpy - but wading through information on thread asking for help for a specific model and the information provided isn't for that model is a waste both for the person who needs the information and the person who responded.

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
Referring back to reply #3 - doesn't help with the issue of not being able to find the USB setting on the 7022.

BTW - why do people reply to a thread regarding a specific issue on a specific model with information from a different model. If you don't have the information for the 7022 - giving the information for the 7024 doesn't help all it does is confuse matters.

Hubby got me the 7022 for Christmas and I've been playing with it this morning - can't even get the USB to work with the PC and I can't get the SD card to seat either - can't see why people like this model. Hubby was hoping I would be able to use it to run one the Office programs for Android as I am a writer, but if I can't get the SD card to work, or the USB port to work so I can add an external keyboard - then he wasted money on something that is worthless.

If someone has a way to activate the USB settings for the 7022 it would be appreciated - again if you aren't using the 7022 don't respond as the information obviously doesn't apply.

Sry if I'm grumpy - but wading through information on thread asking for help for a specific model and the information provided isn't for that model is a waste both for the person who needs the information and the person who responded.

Uhh...I DO have a 7022...I'm staring at it right now. And reply #3 is EXACTLY how I got my USB to work. When I made the suggested selection in reply #3, my PC started installing drivers for the USB access to the COBY. Most of these answers you come across don't care which device you try them on. Where it gets picky is when the specific Android operating system version is different.

It's okay if you're grumpy...nothing bothers me more than new toys that refuse to play with me. I hope it goes better for you.

PS - It took me about a week to figure out the USB thing. :)

Last edited:

CHightshoe

Dec 25, 2011
This is reply #3

--
thanks for the reply...i do not even have and "advance setting" option...under settings i have

location & security
applications
privacy
storage
language & keyboard
date & time
about the device

usb debugging mode was found under "applications/development"
--

I turned debugging mode on and my pc still will not recognize the 7022 - so I still don't understand how this reply applies

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
OK, reply #3 was only to get you to debugging mode, where all this action was supposed to start happening. You've gotten there, though it didn't trigger anything. Forget reply #3.
Long story short, the PC has got to see the tablet as if it were a new USB drive, so that it will trigger the installation of new files relevant to the Coby. Selecting debugging mode should do that if no files are already set up. Perhaps your computer is already set up with the files? Right click on the little USB plug notification icon with the green check mark down there in your notification tray. Click "Safely Remove Hardware" and see if it lists the USB Mass Storage Device\COBY MID7022 USB Device\blah blah blah. If it does, you're set up.
Mine shows two Coby's under that, one Generic Volume J and one Generic volume K because I've put in a Micro SD (my SD shows as the first directory of the pair). Yours could be called something else, like H and I or whatever, and there will be only one listed if you haven't put in an external SD card.
Don't get frustrated. This is a penalty for utility and flexibility. Once you've got it figured out, it's smooth sailing. I've been doing this stuff since the early '80's, and I know how you feel. :)

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
i also have a cruz micro reader...it goes into usb mode exactly the way u describe above. which is why i find it strange and frustrating that this does not, even when the manual states that it does (lol..it even has illustrations). i next step is to find drivers online
2.jpg

Have you perhaps tried going to Device Manager, right-clicking on Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and selecting Scan for Hardware Changes? It seems as if that's how I finally picked my Coby up. Yes, this is frustrating, but there's a 7,362 step process that must be followed in EXACTLY the right order for it to work! :D Oh, and when it does work, you'll feel like a GURU!

Darkhalo7

Mar 24, 2012
Sweet! I just purchased a keyboard case for my 1024n and I didn't know how to get the keyboard going and this was the answer! Settings -> Advanced Settings USB Bus Mode = unchecked for USB Host Mode. Key board is working now. Thanks!

jirdi

Mar 28, 2012
I think that there are defects in your tablet, if still warranty, you should immediately claim them.