Can't keep the 7015 in sleep mode..^&#(!@*#

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Just checked the spec and it does say Audio Input: mic..... hmmmm. I see the slot for the speaker at least I think this is it.
Usually a mic in this type of product is just a little hole and I don't see that.
Can anyone confirm this mic issue?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Look on the bottom on the side of the hdmi port opposite the charging led. Should be a small hole there.

Edit: swype error

willber

Jan 9, 2011
yup... there is a typical mic hole. OK I'll see if I can find an app that uses a mic input so I can test this.
Thanks...

willber

Jan 9, 2011
well I'll be damned.... there is a mic. Tested with a recording app. This opens up a whole new area of possibilities...
Now if we could only plug a USB camera into this...!
Thanks.

Clancy

Jan 11, 2011
Well some progress.... I checked Settings/applications/Running Services and found two rooted Market apps. Stopping those fixed most of the problems.I'll try the Autostarts app and see what can be killed.
One thing to keep in mind, any app downloaded may or may not work as the app was probably made for a specific range of products. My advise would be to load an app and then wait to see what happens for a day before downloading another.

Willber,

Good to know part of the problem was the background services.

Post your progress...

I see you found a recording app, any particular one?

Clancy-

Clancy

Jan 11, 2011
You can download autostarts from the market to control what starts at certain events. It's a great program.

Hey, thanks.

I'm still not sure about installing the Google Experience so I may try and find autostarts elsewhere there's quite a few app sites.

Clancy-

willber

Jan 9, 2011
@Clancy... well being a musician.... I loaded gStrings which is a musical instrument tuner. That's why I was happy to hear that the mic was usable.
Still battling the wake up but it is getting a lot better. I bricked YouTube playing somehow :(
Now a new battle to fight.
I just may put this back to factory fresh and start again.

Clancy

Jan 11, 2011
@Clancy... well being a musician.... I loaded gStrings which is a musical instrument tuner. That's why I was happy to hear that the mic was usable.
Still battling the wake up but it is getting a lot better. I bricked YouTube playing somehow :(
Now a new battle to fight.
I just may put this back to factory fresh and start again.

I'm also a musician... (guitar & some keyboards) I'd seen the mic advertised in one of the Coby blurbs but hadn't got around to looking for audio apps yet. I'm sure there's no chance of an Android USB audio interface... and if there is it will probably be in the tablet version of Android.

There's a post on this forum that uses a Google search for Android Apps, it's in the "Found Something Interesting" topic, currently on page 1 of this forum.
From my PC I hcan access directory after directory of Android apps.

Clancy-

willber

Jan 9, 2011
ya would be great if there was a DAW slider interface :) for our recording software... that would be cool. I'll probably put my unit back to factory fresh as I see no need to root the tablet if all it gives is a hook to the Google Market.
BTW, there are tuners on the AppsLib
(drummer with a massive custom built electronic kit)

willber

Jan 9, 2011
well I reloaded the backup image using Clockwork Recovery (de-rooted) and now the Tablet stays asleep and for what ever reason that YouTube stopped playing videos, it is now working. So all is good.
For those you might want to do this.... load up Terminal and type in the following;

type flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img followed by a return
type reboot recovery followed by a return

On re-boot, CWR menu will appear and select the recovery option...

Being the hacker I am, or is that sucker, I'll probably give this a go again and see what happens.

Clancy

Jan 11, 2011
Being the hacker I am, or is that sucker, I'll probably give this a go again and see what happens.

If you've set up email accounts, the email program starts a background service running... it's purpose is automated mail checking and automated mail retrieve when you open an account window. Even if you've told email to "Never" check it still performs some automated tasks. I used Autostarts to permanetly kill the service, email still works with a manual "Load New Messages" check.

Clancy-

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Clarification: the tablet is still rooted after using CWR to recover, it just doesn't have the Bootleg Market hook.....

willber

Jan 9, 2011
OK.... I'm trying this again.

Clean install like factory new. Had the Coby on my desk at work all day and it stayed off. (sheesh.... never been so happy that something is actually off...!)

Reloaded the Market and now I'm waiting to see what happens. Haven't even visited the Market. So the Coby is exactly as pre Market, now only with the Market added... no apps from the Market etc.
Holding breath......

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
To: Troyy0206

What's running in services?

Better yet, is there a place to edit what services run at bootup.

Mine is showing GTalkService, AlarmService, and Ultra Keyboard. It was happening before I installed Ultra Keyboard, so aside from that possibly contributing, it can't be the original cause. After I killed the GTalkService and AlarmService the problem seemed to go away so I rebooted. The services came back but it does not appear to be waking on it's own any longer--at least not yet. We'll see what happens after some use. If it starts happening again, I'll kill them one at a time and see what happens to see if we can narrow it down and get a consensus.

I use "Startup Cleaner Pro" on my phone to kill certain services on startup. Perhaps once I narrow this down a bit, I'll see if it helps with the Kyros, too. I could always go ahead, but there's no fun in fixing a problem unless you know exactly what the cause is ;)