Can't keep the 7015 in sleep mode..^&#(!@*#

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Thanks.

Wow, androidtablets.net just refused to let me post less than 10 characters "Thanks". So here is some filler for them. :)

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Today the tablet started waking up again..... Some of these Running services may be checking in once a day or restarting on a cold boot. Manualy stoping them only kills them for a period of time.
Checking Running services I discovered that Gtalk was lurking (part of the com.google.process) I renamed the GTalkServices.apk to GTalkServices.bak and all is quiet.
On a reboot from terminal, the OS complained it could not find the GTalk program but the notice went away and I have seen no issues.
There are a few other Google services running that I may try to kill.

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
I have been searching for a solution to this on many forms and finally found one that has worked for me for 3 days now. No time pop-up at all!
I installed softlocker free -found using an appbrain search,
then selected Disable devise sleep (which closes the padlock image) and checked the box - Start service on boot.

I was originally worried about battery life from disabling sleep but it seems to me by not constantly turning on that I am using less battery.

My device is an 7015, rooted and has cyanogenmod, clockwork, and the market installed.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
How did you install Clockworks to do the button launch from the Coby. Best I can do is launch it from the Terminal app. Is there and apk I need to install? Appreciate any insight. bob silver

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Which Cyanogenmod did you use? Looking at their board nothing is listed for the Coby 7015.

I have been searching for a solution to this on many forms and finally found one that has worked for me for 3 days now. No time pop-up at all!
I installed softlocker free -found using an appbrain search,
then selected Disable devise sleep (which closes the padlock image) and checked the box - Start service on boot.

I was originally worried about battery life from disabling sleep but it seems to me by not constantly turning on that I am using less battery.

My device is an 7015, rooted and has cyanogenmod, clockwork, and the market installed.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
@bobsilver
You can launch CWM from power down mode.
Press the silver button and the power button at the same time. Continue to hold these two, the COBY screen will show. Continue to hold until CWM menu appears.

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
Which Cyanogenmod did you use? Looking at their board nothing is listed for the Coby 7015.
I used the one from this thread
Coby Kyros 7015 - How to install CyanogenMod (Froyo based) - xda-developers

there is also a very similar thread on here.

I found a step by step wiki on how to install the Android SDK first, got that working then used the SDK method and not the terminal method.
I had to do all the steps about 3 times to get everything going but it really wasn't hard, I had no idea what I was doing at first.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Thanks. So now the big question. Is it worth doing? And can you recover from a clockworks backup?

I used the one from this thread
Coby Kyros 7015 - How to install CyanogenMod (Froyo based) - xda-developers

there is also a very similar thread on here.

I found a step by step wiki on how to install the Android SDK first, got that working then used the SDK method and not the terminal method.
I had to do all the steps about 3 times to get everything going but it really wasn't hard, I had no idea what I was doing at first.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
This doesnt work for me. All I get is the Andriod Robot with the Triangle. Have to hit the reset button to reboot.

@bobsilver
You can launch CWM from power down mode.
Press the silver button and the power button at the same time. Continue to hold these two, the COBY screen will show. Continue to hold until CWM menu appears.

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
@bobsilver
Well I bought my coby with the intention of rooting and flashing cyanogen. I tried messing with it a little first and found it very buggy, forced closed every time I tried to add a widget, even after the official update. Still get some forced closes after installing cyanogen but not as many and I have a lot more control now, biggest issue is getting some apps to install. I think most of the trouble is due to this being a true tablet and I am running phone software on it, for example anything that needs gps force closes until I added My Fake Location app.
Short answer: for me it is worth it, but I went in willing to take the chance of a brick.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You have to flash the clockwork recovery image before rebooting. What you are seeing is the stock recovery. If you press the menu button, you will see the stock recovery options.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
OK don't mean to be dense but what do you malean flash recovery. I have recovery placed on my SD cad as an image file. So I do not know what tovdo from here.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App