Can't keep the 7015 in sleep mode..^&#(!@*#

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
If you have rooted already, open a terminal emulator and run
Code:
 flash_image recovery recovery.img

Then reboot the phone with the previous instructions. Check the ultimate guide thread that is stickied at the top of the coby sub-forum.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
If you have rooted already, open a terminal emulator and run
Code:
 flash_image recovery recovery.img

Then reboot the phone with the previous instructions. Check the ultimate guide thread that is stickied at the top of the coby sub-forum.

Got it. Thanks.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
i forgot to mention, use root explorer to search for install-recovery.sh (i think it's in /system/etc/ IIRC) and mv it to install-recovery.bak or when you reboot after the first use of clockwork it'll reinstall the stock recovery image.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
i forgot to mention, use root explorer to search for install-recovery.sh (i think it's in /system/etc/ IIRC) and mv it to install-recovery.bak or when you reboot after the first use of clockwork it'll reinstall the stock recovery image.

When I tried rebooting the 2nd time I get the robot and triangle again. I assume my stock recovery option is broken. When I try and edit the install-recovery I get an error saying I dont have permission. I am using Astro file explorer. The file also shows a -r- attribute. I am assuming this means read only. How can I change it?

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
I have been searching for a solution to this on many forms and finally found one that has worked for me for 3 days now. No time pop-up at all!
I installed softlocker free -found using an appbrain search,
then selected Disable devise sleep (which closes the padlock image) and checked the box - Start service on boot.

I was originally worried about battery life from disabling sleep but it seems to me by not constantly turning on that I am using less battery.

My device is an 7015, rooted and has cyanogenmod, clockwork, and the market installed.

I made this change as well using softlocker. It works as advertised. No screen wakeups. Also for me there is a side benifit. I can use the silver back button to wake it up. No need to feel for the power button. Much nicer.

Regarding battery life to soon to tell. But the benefits seem to outweigh the negatives.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
When I tried rebooting the 2nd time I get the robot and triangle again. I assume my stock recovery option is broken. When I try and edit the install-recovery I get an error saying I dont have permission. I am using Astro file explorer. The file also shows a -r- attribute. I am assuming this means read only. How can I change it?

you have to mount system r/w or give astro root permissions.. i use root explorer, not astro, so i'm not familiar with the interface. you'll have to re-flash recovery.img and mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to /system/etc/install-recovery.bak

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
you have to mount system r/w or give astro root permissions.. i use root explorer, not astro, so i'm not familiar with the interface. you'll have to re-flash recovery.img and mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to /system/etc/install-recovery.bak

Again apologies for being dense. Still new to Andriod. So how do I give an app root permissions? And does mv mean move? I was trying to rename install-recovery not move it. Then I was going to reflash clockworks.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Again apologies for being dense. Still new to Andriod. So how do I give an app root permissions? And does mv mean move? I was trying to rename install-recovery not move it. Then I was going to reflash clockworks.

Found this code that I ran using ADB from my pc. Seems to have accomplished what I needed to get clockworks as my default restore loader

adb remount
adb shell mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
adb shell
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

willber

Jan 9, 2011
@bobsilver
Yes use the MV command. It does mean move but what you are doing is actually renaming the file when you "move" it. Since you put the renamed file in the same directory, MV really just become a rename command.
Renaming any file you want to kill is better because you can go back and MV the file back with the proper apk file extension.

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
I'm going to give the Softlocker solution a try. After removing Google Voice and a couple other apps I thought might be causing it to try to got online or something, I installed Advanced Task Killer and Startup Cleaner Pro and it helped A LOT. At the moment, I can't tell you what all I set the apps to do, but I basically to them to kill most anything I didn't feel should be running all the time. I think it still wakes up every now and then, but I can say that before I did this, after an 8-10 period of little use, it would drain itself and often times be frozen when I turned it on. I suspect sometimes it would turn itself on, freeze with the display on and eventually just go dead. The past few days, a full day with the same amount of usage and I still had 70-80% battery life at the end of the day, so hopefully we are on our way to at least finding a workaround that's acceptable.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
I let my Coby sit last night with Softlocker activated (no sleep). This morning after about 12 hours sitting I had 40% battery left. So my thinking is if you dont mind charging it every night this will be fine. If you plan to not use it for a while (day or so) power it down. So it becomes a lessor of evils. Be annoyed by screen wake ups or know that you need to charge it every night. Which as a rule I do anyway with my phone and iPad.

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
I let my Coby sit last night with Softlocker activated (no sleep). This morning after about 12 hours sitting I had 40% battery left. So my thinking is if you dont mind charging it every night this will be fine. If you plan to not use it for a while (day or so) power it down. So it becomes a lessor of evils. Be annoyed by screen wake ups or know that you need to charge it every night. Which as a rule I do anyway with my phone and iPad.

I agree, this solution seems to be a decent workaround so far. I didn't use my tablet today and wifi was enabled. Using Softlocker the unit had 64% battery life after 12 hours. It sucks to lose 36% just from sitting around but the iPhone would have been lucky to have 10% after 12 hours of non-use.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
i've read about it elsewhere. it's supposed to do what it says well.. it monitors processes eating cpu cycles, not ram (which is what actually kills your battery). i can't remember if it kills processes or just lets you know if something is thrashing the cpu..