Can't lock gTablet... help?

chizarlicious

Aug 29, 2011
I have a gTablet from woot running Cyanogen 7. I'd like to set it up to have a slide to unlock it (so it doesn't get bumped on while in my bag) or that connect-the-dots thing.

I tried to set up the connect-the-dots in Settings > Location & Security > Set up screen lock > Pattern

It accepted a pattern, had me confirm it, then sent me back to Location & Security where it seemed the change had been implemented. I clicked the power button to turn off the screen then clicked it again to turn it back on... and it came right back to where it was without asking for the pattern. Same deal when I reboot.

How do I make it ask me for the pattern?

This might have something to do with me wiping it with nvflash. After I wiped it, it brought back the stock OS. However, when I hold down the power key it no longer gives the option of putting it to sleep (Airplane Mode, Shut Down, etc are still options). I flashed Cyanogen and still do not have the option, though I don't know if I'm supposed to.

EDIT: Solution found. Settings > Cyanogen Settings > Tablet tweaks has a setting where the lock screen is disabled (apparently by default). Unchecked that box and now things are great.

Last edited: