Can't play movies

allmarangie

Nov 12, 2011
Hi there,
I have recently bought a budget tablet (Minigadget MG638) running Android 2.2(Froyo). (This appears to be a generic tablet, with an ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5i) processor. According to the sellers website, it should play most of the popular movie formats (.avi, .MP4, mpg etc). However, I cannot get any films to play at all. I have tried every format I can think of, in various screen sizes but with no resuls. I have also tried several different android movie players (BSPlayer Lite, Moboplayer, ES media player, MX Video Player, QQ Player, Maoi player, yxplayer, Stream media Player etc). Can anyone suggest anything before I contact the seller? If it something I'm doing wrong, or am not doing, I would prefer to know before complaining.
Also, whenever I try to go onto market.android.com, I am informed that I do not have any android telephones associated with this account - Sign in with a different account. How can I get round that, please?
Thanks in advance

allmarangie

Nov 12, 2011
Since your reply, for which I thank you, I have gone back and fiddled around with various settings on h264 mp4 on Freemake video convertor, and have managed to get one film to play. I'm now converting another to try that. Thanks again.

bigbubbaboo

Feb 28, 2012
Since your reply, for which I thank you, I have gone back and fiddled around with various settings on h264 mp4 on Freemake video convertor, and have managed to get one film to play. I'm now converting another to try that. Thanks again.

Hi, I'm experiencing exactly the same problem, using MiniGadget MG638. How did you get it to work?

Thanks for your help