can't play wmv files

scrubjay

Jun 9, 2011
Hi
I got my new hd + about a month ago and so far its been great. One problem though. I can't play wmv files or flv files. I downloaded some apps including realplayer and had no luck. I can play mp4 files. I have a Samsung galaxy player 4.0 and can play just about any video files. Am I missing codecs or is there some other problem.

scrubjay

Jun 9, 2011
Thanks for the reply. The app you asked me to try is one of those really bad apps that puts ads all over your device and not just in the app. I think I'll just get a video converter.

D

dvdcatalyst

Hi Scrubjay,

The Galaxy Player has a custom video player that has some added codecs. The NOOK just has the standard Google video capabilities, which is limited to mp4 mainly.

Players such as Dice Player, MX Player, Rock Player might be able to assist in getting those videos to play. If you don't want to use/try different video players, you can try DVD Catalyst 4 to convert your videos.

For details, have a look here:

https://www.tools4movies.com/video-to-barnes-noble-nook-hd-plus-converter/

melmoy

Jun 26, 2013
I have loaded the app MP4 FLV WMV Media player from the Google Play Store. Once loaded, select REFRESH to detect elgible files on your device.