cant remember the pattern code

lisag123

Aug 24, 2012
Hi im new the forum i have a tablet its a via wm8650 7" i bought it for my daughter and she cant rememeber the pattern code is there any other way of getting it off?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Not to laugh at the OPs situation, but I know a guy who went out and bought a brand new Toshiba laptop, fairly nice one, paid about 600.00 for it. Set up a BIOS password and then promptly forgot it.

Kinda the same thing. The best thing is to not put one in in the first place.
There are apps that can be installed on tablets that can selectively lock out apps so that kids or strangers cant use them. This allows you in to the tablet without a password.
Also the best thing if your daughter insists on putting this kind of lock on the tablet. To put a reminder of the pattern or password somewhere at home but do not mark it as a reminder. Just put it up where she can see it, that way she will see it frequently, she will know what it is and no one else will.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not to laugh at the OPs situation, but I know a guy who went out and bought a brand new Toshiba laptop, fairly nice one, paid about 600.00 for it. Set up a BIOS password and then promptly forgot it.

Kinda the same thing. The best thing is to not put one in in the first place.
There are apps that can be installed on tablets that can selectively lock out apps so that kids or strangers cant use them. This allows you in to the tablet without a password.
Also the best thing if your daughter insists on putting this kind of lock on the tablet. To put a reminder of the pattern or password somewhere at home but do not mark it as a reminder. Just put it up where she can see it, that way she will see it frequently, she will know what it is and no one else will.

This is the thread for you http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ricks/39231-your-new-android-what-not-do.html ;)

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Yah, I know my post didn't answer the OPs post, but I thought they might be able to make use of the info for future reference.
Sent from my D90W using Tapatalk 2

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
So this means that who stole my nook few months ago, is now enjoying it? :-(

theard1

Sep 4, 2012
bought a used Android tablet MA865. it has a lock pattern on it. How do i remove it or do a factory reset. I can't get to main menu fyi.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Please see the suggestions above.

As stated, please see the suggestions above. A factory reset can usually be accomplished with pressing a combination of buttons while powering on (such as holding power and vol+ or vol- until it boots to a recovery menu).