Can't Update Titanium Backup on Phiremod 5.3

twokatmew

Mar 25, 2011
Hello,

Is anyone else unable to update TB 3.62 to 3.75? The update downloads but fails on install and generates an error saying the package is not correctly signed. I emailed TB's developer, and he says to uninstall TB and then reinstall via the Market. Well, I'm only able to uninstall my TB Pro license, as Titanium Backup 3.62 is built into the ROM.

As I'm not allowed to post over at xda, I don't even know how to report this problem. Help please?

TIA!

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Hello,

Is anyone else unable to update TB 3.62 to 3.75? The update downloads but fails on install and generates an error saying the package is not correctly signed. I emailed TB's developer, and he says to uninstall TB and then reinstall via the Market. Well, I'm only able to uninstall my TB Pro license, as Titanium Backup 3.62 is built into the ROM.

As I'm not allowed to post over at xda, I don't even know how to report this problem. Help please?

TIA!

Have you tried Root Uninstaller? I remember that I was able to uninstall stuff that was cooked into the ROM that way.

Good luck!

twokatmew

Mar 25, 2011
Have you tried Root Uninstaller? I remember that I was able to uninstall stuff that was cooked into the ROM that way.

Good luck!

Thanks, but I ended up using ADB to remove Titanium Backup 3.6.2. I still was unable to install TBv3.75 from the Market or via ADB ("incompatible package" error), so I renamed the new TB apk to match the old 3.6.2 and copied it into /system/app via ADB shell. My Nook Color is now running a hacked Phiremod 5.3 ROM, as it's now running Titanium Backup 3.75 with an updated Superuser and BusyBox. ;-)

BTW, Phiredrop (via Twitter) says the updated Titanium Backup will be in the next version of Phiremod. I'm just wondering why we can't update Titanium Backup? I've been able to update ROM Manager and other system apps just fine. Well no matter, now that I know how to hack it. :)

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I have similar problem.
I would like to uninstall tiba version that comes with phiremod 6.3 and install some other version.
is there some easy way to do it with Root Explorer? ??

twokatmew

Mar 25, 2011
I was ultimately able to replace Phiremod's TB version with the latest version, but it seems that PhireDrop actually renames the package. Using ADB, it was possible for me to uninstall Phiremod's TB version, but I was unable to install TB from the Market. What I ended up having to do was to use ADB to delete Phiremod's TB version, then rename the TB apk I wanted to install so it matched the name of the Phiremod version. Then my phone was running the latest TB version. Of course, I had to do this every time I wanted to update TB.

For some reason Phiredrop seems to feel the need to protect users from themselves when it comes to TB. I ended up upgrading my phone and selling the Nook Color, so I no longer have this problem. Had I kept the NC, I would have installed a clean CM7 and installed my own apps, doing away with the Phiremod TB problem.

Last edited:

MyJewishSoul

May 31, 2011
Why is TB a system app, did the developers of Phiremod not think that users might want to install their own paid version? Up until now I thought Phiremod was a great rom.