Can't upgrading from MicroSD

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by bdoych, Mar 11, 2011.

1. bdoych

bdoych Member

Please for help!

After firmware upgrading on my MID tablet WM8505 with:

Android Ver: 1.6
    Kernel ver: 2.6.29
    WMT SDK ver: 1.9

After starting, the buttons don't work correctly.
    Touchscreen don't work.
    The battery status not displayed.

I can work width external keyboard and mouse.

I tried to run upgrading (width WMT2.0 105) from MicroSD again, but it dun work.
    After starting the tablet show the first row something like this "installation begin - please wait" and after 2-3 sec. system begin starting the allready installed version.

2. bdoych

bdoych Member

Today I find the version 1.9 which make the mess in my tablet. Here is the Link.

The interesting is that the only this version begin instaling on tablet via SD-card. All others versions is not runing.

I thing that the problem is in the boot files: scriptcmd, wload.bin, u-boot.bin or some one else.

From this page I read the boot procedure in wm8505:

Bootloaders
    WM8505 tablets have a pre-bootloader called W-Load, then a bootloader called u-boot, then the main OS boots.
    U-boot will read a custom boot script from a file “script/scriptcmd” on an SD card, if it is present. This is how upgrades and reflashes work. U-boot is also capable of interacting with the user via the built-in 3.3v serial port, if you solder some wires to it.

3. bdoych

bdoych Member

I solve the problem!!!

I get this two files (wload.bin and u-boot.bin) from version 2.0.105 and copy to script directory on 1.9.
    Then I install ver.1.9 on tablet. Shut down the tablet after installation, and begin new installation of ver.2.0.105.

Now the system work like before.