Can't Use Camera

sirpercy

Dec 23, 2012
i switch sd card and ext.the capacity of my sd card is now that of ext.but when i open camera, "insert sd card before using camera". my device is coby 8042.any help please?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Switch back. Not the answer you were wanting, I'm sure. However, we've been encountering more and more instances of the camera being non-functional when switching mount points in vold.fstab. Unfortunately, I'm aware of no workaround for this.

sirpercy

Dec 23, 2012
i want to restore my tablet back to its setting when i bought it.i wanted to turn my camera back to its function properly. gallery can't open my pictures too. i'm bad in english but i'll try to give you explantaion how my tablet come up with this.

sirpercy

Dec 23, 2012
i tried to switch back.copied the orig. platform and vold but its camera doesn't work.wifi also can't connect.what could be the problem?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Most likely the only person that can help you is me, but seeing you wont post the results I asked for, all you seem to want to do is post another thread. This will be my last reply to unless you post the output I have requested.

adb shell

su

mount

busybox df -h

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Restore your tablet from the system dump you hopefully made before you tried tinkering with the tablet. Otherwise, exchange it for a new one and post a picture of the model number on the back of the tablet when you do. That way we can know for sure what model you have, since there were questions as to that.

Provide Vampirefo with the information he needs.

*dons moderator hat*

@sirpercy: the two threads you started relating to issues with your camera have been merged. Please do not create another thread regarding this topic as it only clutters up the board, making things harder to find for other users.

Your friendly androidtablets.net moderator team.

Last edited:

sirpercy

Dec 23, 2012
here are some pictures..

Attachments

• $IMG_1474.JPG
    $IMG_1474.JPG
    280.6 KB · Views: 502
  • $IMG_1478.JPG
    $IMG_1478.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 536

sirpercy

Dec 23, 2012
@vampirefo. ive never seen the last post.sorry sir.what should i do with this??:

adb shell

su

mount

busybox df -h

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@vampirefo.: In his defense, the model on the back says "8042a". The model on the about page tells this story. This clearly is an 8048.

@sirpercy: You have an 8048, regardless of what it says on the back.

sirpercy

Dec 23, 2012
@traveller.. feel bad this is an 8048 though it said at the back it was 8042.. i typed adb shell but device not found..what to do?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You have to install adb, had you really had a 8042 you would have already known that cause there is no other way to root 8042 without adb.

And no I wont be teaching you, as I don't as they say do windows.