Capacitive or Resistive, Which have I got ???

sconie

Jun 13, 2011
Hi all, newbie here, I have bought a A81g Tablet from ebay, I asked the seller if it was a capacitive screen and he told me "If by that you mean Two finger touch then yes", can anyone tell me how I can check this for sure, never having a capacitive screen before, I dont know what I'm looking for. Is there a serial number or label on the tablet that confirms this ?

Many thanks (sorry for the basic question)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Two ways. Try to pinch to zoom, and try to touch it with a gloved hand or a stylus. If it does not pinch and zoom, or it responds to a stylus it is probably resistive.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

sconie

Jun 13, 2011
Thanks for the reply, I will try that when it arrives in the morning, it seems a pity that they did not give both a different product number though, making it a bit easier for buyers.

Thanks again.

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
One other thing, the Witstech tablets are shipped in a generic box without a specific model number. If the ebay seller includes the box, it will have "A81" printed on it.

Also should you check out Settings/About Device/Model number, it will identify itself as an A81E. All of the Witstech tablets are identified as an A81E. Many of the Chinese tablets do not update their model numbers on their ROMs. I learned this from my experience with the Sylvania tablets.

sconie

Jun 13, 2011
Tablet just arrived, got to say I'm dissapointed, resistive screen ust be one of the slowest inacurate screens i have ever tried, I don't even know if it's worth updating the firmware to see if that helps, the settings / about only say the model is a "MID". The seller claimed it was new, but on peeling away the re-applied screen protector, I can see many swipe marks, no doubt from the sellers frustrated attempts to interact with the tablet.

Any advise welcome please, or it's going back.

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
From what you have posted, I'd send it back.

From what I have read on the Merimobile website, the "G" model came in both resistive and capacitive versions. Sounds like this is the resistive version with possibly the 600 Mhz cpu.

It has been a difference of night and day between my now broken Sylvania resistive tablet and my current 1 Ghz cpu Witstech A81H.