Capacitive touch screen but no multitouch :S Help????

dannystppls

Jul 26, 2011
I have an s7 with internal and external sdcard, dual camera and capacitive touchscreen.
I have Froyofusion installed but i have no multitouch :S
Is it maybe a kernel issue?
It is really annoying when playing games :(
I hope somebody has a solution ;)
And btw does anybody know a solution for the g-sensor problem?

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
if its a resistive kernel (ie for s7-104) then perhaps you will not get multitouch.

try another kernel :)

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
You may want to put this post on Joe Nilan's Froyo fusion thread.
Joe is quick to answer and is a great help to all of us.
He is sure to steer you in the right direction.

Flaco05

Aug 8, 2011
Greetings. New to the forums here. I have a few questions, but did not want to start a new thread to avoid clogging the board. And since my issue is related to this one, I am just piggy-backing here. Anyhow, I recently purchased this model from amazon:

Amazon.com: Huawei IDEOS S7 Android Tablet w/ 7" Capacitive Touchscreen+Built-in 3G+Voice Phone Call+1GHz CPU+512MB RAM+8GB Storage+WIFI+GPS: Computer & Accessories

It is a S7-104, has Froyo 2.2, 3G, dual cameras, internal and external SD cards, 1 Ghz processor, and 512 RAM (paid $259.99 shipped).

A couple of questions:

-The screen is advertised as capacitive, but yet, it comes with a stylus, so I am a bit confused. The screen has a smooth feel and behaves like a capacitive screen, except with no multitouch. It is obviously not as smooth as my Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Honeycomb, but if feels about the same as my Viewsonic GTab running Froyo (which is capacitive and supports multitouch). It is also way more responsive than the HTC Tilt I used to have with a resistive screen. So, to make a long story short, is this just a very good resistive screen? Or is it a non-multitouch capacitive screen? If the latter, can multitouch be enabled by any means?

-Flash does not seem to be loaded in my tablet stock Froyo. Is the fix as simple as downloading Flash and installing it?

-Last but not least, do you think I should keep the stock souped-up Froyo supplied by Huawei, or should I look into flashing one of the custom ROM's available though these forums? What would be the main pros of doing the latter?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Last edited:

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
-The screen is advertised as capacitive, but yet, it comes with a stylus, so I am a bit confused. The screen has a smooth feel and behaves like a capacitive screen, except with no multitouch. It is obviously not as smooth as my Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Honeycomb, but if feels about the same as my Viewsonic GTab running Froyo (which is capacitive and supports multitouch). It is also way more responsive than the HTC Tilt I used to have with a resistive screen. So, to make a long story short, is this just a very good resistive screen? Or is it a non-multitouch capacitive screen? If the latter, can multitouch be enabled by any means?

Stylus? my S7-105 don't have stylus.

-Flash does not seem to be loaded in my tablet stock Froyo. Is the fix as simple as downloading Flash and installing it?

Just download and install from Market.

-Last but not least, do you think I should keep the stock souped-up Froyo supplied by Huawei, or should I look into flashing one of the custom ROM's available though these forums? What would be the main pros of doing the latter?

Rooted and data2ext or app2sd support if you flash with custom rom.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Remove the back cover and the battery. In the top left hand corner under the battery is the model number. If it says s7-104, it has a resistive screen. Some of the s7 models from outside the us had capacitive screens but the 104 is resistive.

Sent from my NexusOne using Tapatalk

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
resistive is junk (single touch, requires calibration) - capacitive is quality (multitouch)

Jota

May 25, 2011
Greetings. New to the forums here. I have a few questions, but did not want to start a new thread to avoid clogging the board. And since my issue is related to this one, I am just piggy-backing here. Anyhow, I recently purchased this model from amazon:

Amazon.com: Huawei IDEOS S7 Android Tablet w/ 7" Capacitive Touchscreen+Built-in 3G+Voice Phone Call+1GHz CPU+512MB RAM+8GB Storage+WIFI+GPS: Computer & Accessories

It is a S7-104, has Froyo 2.2, 3G, dual cameras, internal and external SD cards, 1 Ghz processor, and 512 RAM (paid $259.99 shipped).

A couple of questions:

-The screen is advertised as capacitive, but yet, it comes with a stylus, so I am a bit confused. The screen has a smooth feel and behaves like a capacitive screen, except with no multitouch.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi!

The answer to your quest is very simple: if it cames with a stylus, then is resistive, no doubt about it!
(but yes, it's true that the S7-104 has a very, very good resistive screen)

So, if you want capacitive, perhaps you should reclaim your money back!

About the rom's, you should at least try them all, they will not damage your tablet and you will learn some new tricks... :)

Flaco05

Aug 8, 2011
Hi!

The answer to your quest is very simple: if it cames with a stylus, then is resistive, no doubt about it!
(but yes, it's true that the S7-104 has a very, very good resistive screen)

So, if you want capacitive, perhaps you should reclaim your money back!

Thank you. I don't mean to be stubborn here, but, aside from lack of multitouch, the screen I have behaves just like other capacitive screens I have experienced before (and very much unlike other resistive screens I have been exposed to). I don't find myself needing that little pointy stylus at all (in fact, I think it's utterly useless). My screen is very sensitive to touch and I just use my fingers or a capacitive stylus to select items or to annotate on documents or other apps (with minimal or no pressure). Maybe I should make a short video and post it here. Or is there any other info from my tablet I can post here (like a sysinfo screenshot perhaps?).

And I got this mainly for the 3g/phone capability, so I will be keeping it!

:)

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
if it has multi-touch its capacitive. not too hard to pinch to zoom?

there's a ton of cool tech - i have this crazy tablet 7" by HTC called the flyer it has capacitive and a wacom digitizer pen for 512levels of pressure at the same time. ($80 stylus!) - never the less.

you can tell the difference for sure. some kernels (tri-zet) seem less sensitive than froyofusion - think it is because when they merged the slim (cap) with the resistive something got out of tune. it is hard to explain but if you use a stock 2.2.2 indo rom and then the others you'll definitely know the difference. i have two s7-104's so i can compare them side by side.

resistive sucks :) but this is a nifty little phone - once we get a little SD tweakage and data2emmc&apps2sd working together and some overclocking i think it will be a bit more fun. please donate to those kernel that you use - they are spending a bit of time to mash together features to make this thing fly:

Jota

May 25, 2011
Thank you. I don't mean to be stubborn here, but, aside from lack of multitouch, the screen I have behaves just like other capacitive screens I have experienced before (and very much unlike other resistive screens I have been exposed to).

Many people confuses this... the fact that a screen is resistive, does not prevent it to do multi-touch! I know many resistive screens that do pinch to zoom (typically high-end one's)!
And, also, if the resistive screen is good quality, you normally can use it with only your fingers, just like a capacitive. Perhaps only needs the stylus to do some hand-writing.