car charger

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
At the moment there are no official car chargers for the Acer tablets. Some people have reported finding a suitable working one from Walmart and Radio Shack but I have not personally tested any of these. I can't understand why Acer has not issued a car charger for sale. I did buy two knock-off car chargers from an eBay store but neither would work and I had to fight to get a refund by filling a claim through eBay, so beware.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I hope they do work. Please keep us informed. The ones I bought from eBay seller witglobal do not work and the warranty requires you to return them to China for refund. I fought with them by email untill I was forced to file a claim through eBay.

ejz

Nov 7, 2011
I bought a ac inverter and use that in my car to charge my a100 and it works great.
It its only the 100 amp but it dies the job for 25 dollars and I can also charge my lap top as well. Let me know if you want more information.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

Bobw55

Dec 13, 2011
I did a bit of checking.
The minimum voltage to get the A100 to indicate it is charging is 8.5 volts DC.
I called Acer to try and find out what the maximum voltage was and they were less than helpfull.
Given that a cars charging circuit can deliver up to 15 volts DC I would never use anything that was not regulated for 12 volts DC and a minimum of 1.5 amps. NEVER ATTEMPT TO CHARGE VIA USB YOU WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET!
The easiest and safest way is to buy a small DC to AC converter (under$20) and plug that into your cars outlet and use the supplied ac charger.
I found a tip that I had laying around and built my own regulated DC charger.

Hope this helps.
Best help would be for Acer to offer one for sale.

jfender

Jan 5, 2012
I got a car charger on Amazon for $14.99 so far I've been using it for a month and it works great.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

CanuckDroid

Sep 29, 2011
I was at Dollarama (a dollar store in Canada) and they have a multi-volt car charger with various tips for $2. One of the tips matches the A100 perfectly - a nice snug fit. If you get this one, make sure you connect the tip for center positive ("Tip" alignes with "+" on the device). Then slide the switch to 12 Volts. It works good but it's only 300ma so it a slow charge but it still charges. At that price, I went back and bought another one for my RV. So check out Dollarama if you are in Canada. Now I can leave my charger at home since I used to use it with an inverter in the car.

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
What is strange - you will find car chargers in Europe or the Arab Emirates. Some were on an Acer site.

PurpleRain63

Jan 4, 2012
I just found this charger on eBay.ca (seller in California) for $15.50 and have ordered it. It says it's 3000mA. Will let you know how it works after I get and use it. I would imagine he's listing on eBAy.com as well.
$A-100 Car Charger.PNG

Here's the link:

Lorraine in Westbank, BC

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Acer-ICONIA-...817?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb7732349

Last edited: