Carrying Multiple Tablets

MZett

Oct 12, 2012
My organization recently purchased 20+ tablets. We will be using these at different offices so we will need to be able to transport them back and forth. Does anyone have any ideas, or know any products that can be used to safetly carry and transport multiple tablets?

Thanks!

D

Dawnstar

What a (Strange organization) You have, if you need to transport them back and forth what are you doing with them in the first place? Why don't the user carry them back them self? To save money for the company if there is one!,

This sounds to me you only let your staff use them but they must return them to the main office? i am happy i don't work for an organization like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

MZett

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks for replying. I should have been more descriptive in my post.... we are using them for training in the classroom. The trainers need to bring them to different classrooms and different employees need to use them.

D

Dawnstar

Thanks for replying. I should have been more descriptive in my post.... we are using them for training in the classroom. The trainers need to bring them to different classrooms and different employees need to use them.

(We are using them for training in the classroom) Why don't they return it to the main office.
(The trainers need to bring them to different classrooms) Then buy more tablets slove the problem
(And different employees need to use them) Different? How different are they special in some way! Sorry but i am not playing this game i am a teacher and i haven't heard of any strange organization do this before.

So you need a transport carrier? Wow

End

MZett

Oct 12, 2012
We conduct different employee development workshops around the country. The trainers need to bring the tablets to the workshops so the employees can use them. After the workshop, we need to pack up the tablets so the trainer can take them to another location and conduct another workshop. I'm looking for a convenient way to carry/travel with 20+ tablets without causing damage to the equipment. (like a duffle bag)

Natey2

May 25, 2012
How about the original box the tablets came in? My Nexus 7 was in a nice compact box. Pack 20 of them in a larger box with sufficient packaging padding.
Or get an inexpensive case for each tablet, and put all those tablets (in their case) in a bigger box with padding so they will not slide around when shipped / moved.

D

Dawnstar

We conduct different employee development workshops around the country. The trainers need to bring the tablets to the workshops so the employees can use them. After the workshop, we need to pack up the tablets so the trainer can take them to another location and conduct another workshop. I'm looking for a convenient way to carry/travel with 20+ tablets without causing damage to the equipment. (like a duffle bag)

WoW!
If your trainers need to bring the tablets to the workshop and the employees use them 'OK' all they have to do is give them back to the trainers so the trainers can take them to another workshop it sounds to me you don't trust your trainers or staff. i have read what have put but i am not convince in anyway, if you are worried that much about the tablets getting damaged then listen to Member Natey2.

Why i came back to you is to slove a problem on the way you put it in the first place to us member here if you wanted a transport carrier i would understand and try to help you.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
With the price of tablets going down these days, you might want to just buy the tablets and give it to the students to keep, and bill the cost of the tablets into the training materials/course fee.
I'm sure your students will love you for that, and you don't have to worry about return shipping of the tablets, and many tablet vendors here will want to become your good friend. Lol!

Aug 29, 2013
I don't find this to be a strange request at all, I'm searching for the same thing.

I work for local government and it is my job to teach the public how to use current technology. I am in the process of looking/applying for a grant so that I can take about 10 Nexus 7 tablets to various locations - schools, community centers, government facilities, etc - in order to teach citizens of our county how to use them. This is not much different than elementary schools that have Mobile Labs - carts that contain laptops or iPads and can be wheeled around from classroom to classroom.

The Nexus 7 would be my preferred device to teach on, as it is far more affordable than Apple products and I need tablets that ONLY have wi-fi access (It would be a nightmare to arrange service through a cellular company for something like this, and most of our locations have wi-fi available).

So, I am looking for some sort of transportation container (like the OP suggested, a duffle bag, or some other travel case). Preferably one that you can plug in to a wall and will charge all devices at once (the school's Mobile Labs do this and it would be very convenient).

So far I have only found this: iPad Charging Cart but I have not found one specifically for the Nexus 7, which are considerably smaller than iPads.

Following this thread in case anyone can help find what OP and I are looking for...

jonling

Apr 3, 2012
A hard shell carry-on with wheels. Just get envelopes lined with the bubbles large enough to slip the tablets into and stack them in....