Case Logic Case for 7" Tablets

wrxnfx

Sep 29, 2011
Found this zippered Case Logic case for 7" tablets for around $20 at Walmart. Fits the Kyros MID7022 really good. It has hard plastic front and back portions to protect your tablet. However, the coolest part is that there is a velcro section where you mount your tablet using the built-in elastic straps that allows you to turn the case into a viewing stand. Best case I've found for my 7022, yet.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks wrxnfx, this is the model hubby is now looking at buying, so it's good to know that cases can be had at walmart for it. :D

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011

I believe that's the same one wrxnfx saw. I saw it about three weeks ago at my WalMart, stupidly didn't get it RIGHT THEN, and now the store has been out ever since. It IS the Christmas season, you know! Just checked WalMart online, and they are, of course, also out. I agree with wrxnfx...it's the best thing, especially for the price, I've seen yet. They've got a vaguely similar case for the Kindle Fire, which I know will work because I "test drove" one on my 7022 today. But it's almost $30.
Guess I'll hold out until the mania fades and they get some more in.

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
Yeah, the case I tried in Walmart had the same power button issue with the straps, but I don't think it would have really affected it.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Odd_Bob

Dec 18, 2011
Hi. I just wanted to say I got this case at Wal-Mart last week for my 7127 and it works well. The hinge feels very stiff and the case closes with a little difficulty but it does a good job of protecting my tablet without adding a great deal to its bulk. The ability to turn it into a stand makes it convenient for putting the tablet on a desk for movie watching or just playing round. For charging I just leave one side unzipped so the charge port is exposed and plug in the adapter.

The real only issue I've run into with the straps that hold the tablet in is that the one on the upper left sometimes slides down and presses on the volume rocker during power up, which puts my Kyros into some sort of recovery mode. Since the only way out of this mode is to push the reset button on the side I've taken to keeping a safety pin fastened onto the zipper tab so I won't find myself stuck with a non-working tablet. The straps haven't interfered with the power button at all.

Aside from that, I'm fairly happy with the case. The construction feels a bit cheap and some of the seams don't seem as well made as they could be. I'm also not crazy about the use of velcro, which in my experience picks up lint easily and stops sticking after a while. But so far none of this has been a problem and I'm not expecting perfection for 20 bucks. So I recommend it.

-- Bob