Cases and whatnot...

shortstone

Nov 8, 2011
I bought the case from WalMart for $19 and as the others stated didn't like that it did not fasten closed. So I took an idea from my Kindle case. I had some thin black elastic cord, measured it out so that it would be taut around the case and knotted it tightly, then loop it around the back board of the case so one string is where the case fits in and the other runs around the back (adjust the cord so it's in about an inch from the edge and the knot so it doesn't interfere). Lock the tablet in, close the case, and pull the elastic from around the back to the front. So now the tablet holds the cord between it and the inside back of the case and the other part of the cord easily comes from/to the outside back to the front to hold it closed or open it and it stays out of the way. It works really well and is not ugly. Just thought I'd share as a possible option since the subject came up. Pics included.
$closed.JPG$open.jpg
ETA: If you want a neoprene option, Big Lots has(d) quite a few options and The Dollar Tree has(d) some sleeves with a flap-like closure. Some were just a tiny bit big, but if you know someone handy with needle and thread, they are very easy to customize. And they're cheap. I use one to place my whole case into for when it's in my purse so nothing will wiggle in and scratch things up. I got one for my husband to carry his Kindle (which has a hard case on it) in to keep it undamaged as his work place has a lot of cement dust.

Last edited:

Dhammer01

Nov 25, 2011
Uhm, yeah. Sorry, but that brown is kinda ugly. But that is just MY opinion. No disrespect meant

I agree, I would have preferred black. But once it got hear it does not look that bad. If the color is something you can't live with, then it's probably not an option. If it is no big deal and you want something for protection and functionality it is a good alternative for the price.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
I got mine on eBay. It is a semi hard plastic case with a divider that covers the screen. It the other side of the divider, it has a mesh area for accessories. It then zips closed.
It's much wider than the tablet itself, but it works as a horizontal stand for watching movies, and it is easy to hold in the case.
It did not come with anything to secure the tablet, but I just used Velcro and it works great.

Here is an example of what I bought. Carry Case for Coby Kyros Internet Tablet | eBay
My wife bought on her account, so I don't know if this was the seller I bought it from, but it is the case.

It says for the Coby Kyros, but it will fit any 7" tablet.

Last edited:

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
I agree, I would have preferred black. But once it got hear it does not look that bad. If the color is something you can't live with, then it's probably not an option. If it is no big deal and you want something for protection and functionality it is a good alternative for the price.

Here's the black one I just ordered:

Black Leather 360° Rotary/Rotating Case Skin Cover+Stylus For VIZIO Tablet 8" | eBayA little cheaper than Amazon, but delivery will be slow.

GringoDog

Oct 28, 2011
I just ordered and received the JKase cover - fits great, well made, great price at Amazon - $22.95 plus a few bucks for shipping.

I also ordered the anti-glare, anti-scratch, anti-fingerprint cover from Posrus. $8.69 at Amazon plus a little shipping.

robop

Dec 6, 2010
so fishtank I have been looking at that one on amazon. Dose the one snap hold it in securely and how hard is it to detach?

rdarrelt

Nov 29, 2011
Thanks for the tip on this case. I've been wanting a different color for mine so it would be easier to see and find. I've ordered one of these to go with the black model I already have.

Here is another option I picked up via ebay from a Chinese outfit. Took about 8 days to get here but it is really not a bad option. Fits tightly, has all the openings for the vtab including speaker holes. It protects the device from daily transporting bumps/bruises.
I can not give much info on longevity, but I am pleased with it for the price I paid and it's functionality.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Martel

Nov 14, 2011

It's ok. I was teasing. I think when it comes down to it, if it keeps it from breaking, then anything is good

Fishtank

Nov 30, 2011
so fishtank I have been looking at that one on amazon. Dose the one snap hold it in securely and how hard is it to detach?

It's got a good solid snap that takes a bit of force to detach. Not so much that it would likely cause damage, but more than enough to guard against accidental separation.

mjackson78

Dec 23, 2011
Vizio answered my question:
[h=1]Can I use External USB Devices with my tablet?[/h]Published 08/24/2011 09:16 AM | Updated 12/30/2011 11:45 AM

No, the VIZIO tablet does not support the use of external USB devices.

ShoeQueen

Dec 1, 2011
Awesome little case, and is also available on Amazon for about the same price.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum