Cases for A100?

jschall

Jun 15, 2010
I haven't received my 8GB A100 yet - I just ordered it yesterday for $300. But I know I will need a portfolio case real soon. I know Acer makes a nice case, but I haven't found any online shop to buy it. (I am in Canada, sometimes that limits my online purchase options).So, what have you found in the way of cases for your A100?

kdkinc

Aug 13, 2011
I haven't received my 8GB A100 yet - I just ordered it yesterday for $300. But I know I will need a portfolio case real soon. I know Acer makes a nice case, but I haven't found any online shop to buy it. (I am in Canada, sometimes that limits my online purchase options).So, what have you found in the way of cases for your A100?

Far from a perfect solution but it's better than no case.
Another issue is that the official Acer cases "stink" as in they smell terrible

I needed a case so I bought one at Walmart .
Walmart.com: M-Edge Accessories Latitude Jacket for Kindle, Purple: Computers

The case is a Latitude Jacket from M-EDGE the site is medgestore.com .
It holds the A100 in the case snugly but uses 4 corner straps that are snug. It zips up fully but opens up like a book.
The outside of the case has pockets but the largest one I filled up with the foam inset that came with the case for screen protection.
The outside is a rugged nylon web type material that won't scratch like a leather case will.

Their are a few color choices like black,magenta,grey and god awful violet.

Not the best solution but it's a start hope it helps

jschall

Jun 15, 2010
Well, my A100 arrived today, and I realized if I didn't get a case soon, it would ,surely take a fall.

I was in La Source on other business, and they had a few cases for the Galaxy Tab. Sure enough, the Griffin Elan Passport fit perfectly! It's only a temporary solution, though, because it doesn't protect the sides, and it blocks the rear camera. But at least my A100 is fairly secure.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I bought the Acer folio cover and it looks great. My only complaint is that it has a leather frame around the tablet that holds it in the cover. When there is a link near the very edge of the screen then it is very difficult to touch the link. I ordered a similar looking knock-off folio case from eBay and it has corner straps that hold the tablet in place. I hope that it is better suited for full screen access. It is coming from China and will take a few weeks to get here.

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
Yeah I concur - I have the Acer case and it does suck. Not real leather partly disables the capacitive Home Screen button

mrhifi

Sep 2, 2011
Jeff, AKA jschall-- is there any way to add USB functionality to the ACER A100? I saw your post on the USB question in the other thread. I ordered a case from an Chinese Ebayer. It arrived in 6 days and am extremely please with it. All the cutouts for buttons, cameras, line up perfectly. Seems like real leather nut not sure bout that. It fold open like a book. Does not add bulk to the A100. Keeps it slim profile.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Jeff, AKA jschall-- is there any way to add USB functionality to the ACER A100? I saw your post on the USB question in the other thread. I ordered a case from an Chinese Ebayer. It arrived in 6 days and am extremely please with it. All the cutouts for buttons, cameras, line up perfectly. Seems like real leather nut not sure bout that. It fold open like a book. Does not add bulk to the A100. Keeps it slim profile.

You can pick up a USB male micro to USB female adapter , they're cheap on eBay, and use the micro plug on the A100 with a thumb drive. You will need a file browser like Astro or Documents-to-Go and read right from the flash drive. That is a feature of Honeycomb. Previous versions will not read flash drives.

mrhifi

Sep 2, 2011
Thanks jgumphress I have ordered the USB adaptor and was hoping it would work. I 'll let you know in a few days. I have Astro already installed, ready to use. I am now looking for a app that reads .azz or .crd files. I use cardfiles as a rolodex in my business and was hoping Android Market had an app the would let me export my existing azz and crd files. Thanks again

burnarda88

Oct 17, 2011
I took the good advice from this thread and visited The Source yesterday and bought the GRIFFIN ELAN PASSPORT FOR GALAXY TAB, a leather case on half price for $19.95. The Galaxy is slightly shorter but the A100 fits and leaves all the ports on both ends available. I suppose a quick hole could be cut for the rear camera if that is important but at least the screen is now protected.