Caught between two worlds.... Mac and Android

chilidipper

Jan 5, 2011
Love my new Samsung. Bought it for keepin me busy on trips /work travel. I also have a iMac loaded with Itunes music. Can I buy a itunes movie or music and play on Tab?
I saw that Blockbuster app available, but limited selections

Last edited:

Ikearat

Dec 27, 2010
iTunes is just a fancy file manager with music and video player "features". That said, just make sure your music is formatted in such a way whatever music player you want to use can read the files. AAC is kinda Apple, mp3 is kinda everything else. Then go look for the files on your Mac. Or if you keep them on an external drive, look there. iTunes will "tell you" where it stores your music files if you look through the Preferences related to iTunes. I'm almost sure this post will get deleted, "teaching" someone to manage their own file system is usually frowned upon. Do not steal music. All the music I have recorded to my Mac is from records and CDs I have purchased, no exceptions. Actually, this is easy enough for me to say as I have limited tastes in music and kinda stopped collecting music when my hearing started to go bad 15 years ago. :) Good luck!

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I'm sending this from a Mac, but I don't use iTunes because I don't like it. That said, you can convert some files for non-Apple devices from within iTunes. Here is Apples support doc on doing that: iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format

I said "some" because if the file uses DRM you're out of luck. "Fair Play" has been removed from music downloads, but if you bought before March 2009 the song would likely still have it. A lot of video content is still in a protected MPEG-4 (H.264) format. iTunes can't convert that stuff.

DoubleTwist seems to be the app of choice for syncing iTunes content to Android devices. Samsung Galaxy phones are supported, not sure if that also means tablets.

chilidipper

Jan 5, 2011
I am so tired of being held hostage for media I have purchased. I should have the right to play these on multiple devices. Apple restrictions are so frustrating. I know that they have changed this recently, but that comes with a premium $ increase of 30%.

Double twist is fantastic for my Droid and Tab. Thanks for the pointers guys

I'm sending this from a Mac, but I don't use iTunes because I don't like it. That said, you can convert some files for non-Apple devices from within iTunes. Here is Apples support doc on doing that: iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format

I said "some" because if the file uses DRM you're out of luck. "Fair Play" has been removed from music downloads, but if you bought before March 2009 the song would likely still have it. A lot of video content is still in a protected MPEG-4 (H.264) format. iTunes can't convert that stuff.

DoubleTwist seems to be the app of choice for syncing iTunes content to Android devices. Samsung Galaxy phones are supported, not sure if that also means tablets.