cell phone conflict?

Sep 14, 2012
Hi - I have the X10 airpad android tablet. It doesn't have the old Market and I and am trying to get Google Play on it but everytime I download it the file goes to my droid cell phone. Got any ideas on this?
TIA,
John

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
It is not in the Downloads file of the tablet. The Downloads folder looks like an app in the app tray. If it is there you can click on it and select install. If not then you may try connecting your Droid to your PC and copying that folder to your PC, remove the Droid and connect the tablet to your PC, then copy the folder to the Downloads folder located in the root directory. Then try the install.

Sep 14, 2012
no - it's not in the download folder - everytime I use the tablet and download the Google Play I see it downloading to my droid phone - I think it's something about my google account doesn't kn ow that I have the tablet - when I log into Google it shows the droid phone only and I can't see anywhere to add another device. I'll try your suggestion - thanks!

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Then try moving the download out of you Droid and into the tablet using your PC. Once you get it to load on the tablet then it will register your device in the Google device list. There may be other factors too even after you manage to get it installed. Such as, I understand that there are some tablets that Google does not recognize. In that case you may have to root the tablet.