Cell Standby on Onda V811 eats 80% of the battery?!!! HELP....

emrangrf

May 11, 2013
Dear all,
help is needed since my new Onda V811 can't last for more than 2 hours.... i'v checked the battery Usage, and surprised to found that 80% of my battery is used by cell standby, so, immediately, i activated the Air Plane Mode without any progress...
i searched a lot on the net, and reached to the result of deleting the phone.apk, telephonyprovider.apk, dialer.apk, also some suggest to modify and text file ( i forgot its name) from nophone=false to nophon=true....

for me all those procedure makes a sense, BUT the main problem now, to do it, the tablet must be rooted... and i failed to root it...

so, it will be a great help to advice me how to root my Onda V811, or how to stop cell standby from draining the battery....

Update: i tried the method in the "**New** Root and Full Working Play Store and Google Apps/Root-Explorer
" thread, and i put root.zip and factory... in the SD Card, and went to recovery mode and choosed update from TF Card the root.zip and restarted the Tablet, without any progress!!!

Emran Matalka...

Last edited:

emrangrf

May 11, 2013
Dear All,
sorry to bother you again, but am still looking for a solution, yesterday i flashed my Onda V811 with (V8_v3.12), and tried Root_Gapps_complete (factory_update_param.aml and root.zip), when restart, nothing happened....

the Firmware i download was from this link: ( http://www.onda.cn/Tablet/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductId=219&d=down ), then i chosed the newest (2013-04-24)

again... you help or any suggestion is very valuable to me...

thanks in advance....